Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Marketing...

HP Marketing...

the way i see it is when i'm out shooting, i am, in a small way, representing the companies that i use.

So when they ask, "Is that a Hasselblad?", just tell them"Yes, yes it is".

Sorry. I get asked that constantly when I'm shooting in touristy areas - usually by men trying to impress the ladies in their company.

Kerry

HP Marketing...

So when they ask, "Is that a Hasselblad?", just tell them"Yes, yes it is".

Ha-Ha-Ha
    that's the number one question i get, too! in this order:
    1. Is that a hasselblad?
    2. What sort of camera is that?
    3. Look at how small my digicam is... why don't you just buy one of these?
    4. Will you take our picture?

HP Marketing...

Kerry and Scott...I have run into this problem too. In crowded NYC, with my Hasselblad, I was asked, "Is that a Superachromat or are you just happy to see me?" - usually by woman trying to make their man jealous.

HP Marketing...

I mean "women trying to make their man (or men) jealous!"

God...I have to avoid responding to this site after drinking Merlot!

HP Marketing...

Amazing thread.

Scott,

HP marketing or Marflex owes you nothing!

Take/send your camera back to the dealer you bought it from and get it serviced at the factory or where ever they can get it done.

Part of the price we all pay for any product is to cover warranty and repair service. You didn't pay anything to HP or Marflex for this. Why do you think they owe you anything? You saved some money on the purchase and now you miss the convenience of domestic US service that you did not pay for. Its not HPs fault you are unhappy.

HP Marketing...

Take/send your camera back to the dealer you bought it from and get it serviced at the factory or where ever they can get it done.

No dealer, the camera was bought from a private person on e bay in Germany. Hard to return to the dealer in this circumstances....

You are right, they dont owe any of us anything..neither do we owe them any loyatly, and we certainly have the right to voice the opinion in the matter here.

HP Marketing...

Amazing thread.

henry, did you actually bother to read any of it?

HP marketing or Marflex owes you nothing!

1. i never claimed they did.

2. you have missed the entire point of this thread.

You didn't pay anything to HP or Marflex for this. Why do you think they owe you anything?

please seen number one above.

You saved some money on the purchase and now you miss the convenience of domestic US service that you did not pay for. Its not HPs fault you are unhappy.

please see nuber two above.

HP Marketing...

Linhof factory service info here--

http://www.linhof.de/english/service/reparatur.html#

HP Marketing...

I hate threads like these. If Bob was within his legal rights to stop the importation of the Heliopan product, then he has the right. If you don't like it talk to Tom DeLay. Bob provides information useful to this forum, and while I understand that it is slanted toward his business interests, it IS accurate and quite possibly unavailable from anyone else here. I love this forum, but I have serious issues with this "every now and again, let's get pissy with a contributor". I think the forum would have been improved with Ron Wisner's presence, but he was relentlessly pounded by the zealots (and I understand their itches). If we could try to not put folks who have devoted their careers to our medium out of business, I suspect that we as a whole would be better off.

HP Marketing...

Then we should all agree to be pissy toward Bob, Ron and Steve. I'm certain that it will help the forum out immeasurably.