Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: easiest alt process

Re: easiest alt process

I have to admit that's why I played around qualifying various caffenol recipes four or five years ago - because I was concerned that chemistry was getting hard to find in the UK. It was faintly embarrassing to go into Jessops - a large UK supplier whom I had used over the counter for years - to be told they no longer supplied *film*, let alone chemistry or papers. They went bust a couple of years ago.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by barnacle View Post
    I have to admit that's why I played around qualifying various caffenol recipes four or five years ago - because I was concerned that chemistry was getting hard to find in the UK. It was faintly embarrassing to go into Jessops - a large UK supplier whom I had used over the counter for years - to be told they no longer supplied *film*, let alone chemistry or papers. They went bust a couple of years ago.

Neil
    The one just by Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow still has film (though I did go over the various ones we had in store with the Customer, when I was in working with Canon at Christmas. . . ), since Peter Jones took them over they have smaller stores and fewer there of, though the ones in cities/towns that have a photography college tend to have some students as staff - the bulk of the Glasgow store are quite well versed in cameras, though primarily digital - and this latest thing that fuji are doing with the instax cameras

New Cyanotype by Dr. Mike ware. Very reliable excellent tonal range, contrast control, inexpensive especially from bulk chemicals. Good paper is more expensive than the chemicals, I think. Works with camera or inkjet negatives.

The light farm has emulsion instructions (Azo paper, gas light paper, dry plates and film, blue Ortho and pan fillip to 100 speed, IIRC. author primarily Denise Ross who is a member here I think.