Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moment of Zen or Moment of Despair

Re: Moment of Zen or Moment of Despair

Quote Originally Posted by barnacle View Post
    Ditto. Single use developer in a mixing jug, and the fixer stays in the bottle until the developer is in the sink. I've done it once that I can recall, with film, but I have been known to run prints the wrong way through the fix/wash/dev trays in the past. That's not so disastrous though.

Neil
    +1 on this. I mix (liquid) developer in the kitchen & pour it in the tray before carrying it to the bathroom, where the other 4 trays are already set up. The bottle of fix sits in tray no. 4 until the negative is ready to come out of the plain water stop bath, & only then do I pour it into the appropriate tray.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design

hacker extraordinaire

I use clear bottles for fixer, and developer is either mixed up from concentrate or comes out of a wine bladder. When I did use replenished developer, it was in a big glass jug.

I get nervous at the thought of developing more than 2 rolls at once. After big trips I may do as many as 4. What kind of tank even allows doing 6 at once?
    Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do.
    --A=B by Petkovšek et. al.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Here is a wild idea. Actually label the bottles correctly and change labels when the chemicals change. Ever think of that??
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

This is now on the wall on top of the Jobo developing machine. Ha ha. Yes, I wrote the bottle positions on the cleared film T_T.

I did 200+ sheets of 4x5 for my 2 portrait projects last year. This does not count all the "personal" stuff that I do. If I develop one or two rolls at a time, I will be in the room all days and nights :-)

Ha ha, thankfully, I am only doing C41 and B&W using 2-bath Pyro right now. I also used to use Harvey 777 and E-6. Talk about confusion.

The 3010 Jobo tank holds 10 sheet. I just had 9 (C-41) done, and another 4 in the 2552 right now. Then I have 3 rolls of 120 to do.

Yes all of these were done in a 5 day long weekend.

Now just use the stuff in right bottle/at the right time, and you are fine... And don't just stare at it like a 70's day-glo poster, do it!!!! :-)

Steve K

The color rolls came out great! Emotional roller-coaster, LoL. Here's a sample image:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1307240

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I get nervous at the thought of developing more than 2 rolls at once. What kind of tank even allows doing 6 at once?
    I am such a nervous man, too, but with my old Photounion Unitub I am able to process two small drums at the same time, which would keep 7 rolls of film, each.

But fearing the richardmantechnic, I only develop two rolls at max.

In remembering lot of cases, where I worked hard without any picture in hand after all - yes, I believe this must be a form of Zen-training, richardman.

Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    This is now on the wall on top of the Jobo developing machine. Ha ha. Yes, I wrote the bottle positions on the cleared film T_T.

I did 200+ sheets of 4x5 for my 2 portrait projects last year. This does not count all the "personal" stuff that I do. If I develop one or two rolls at a time, I will be in the room all days and nights :-)
    Excellent system. The inventiveness on display by the forum members never ceases to amaze.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design