Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium Format Infrared Images

Re: Medium Format Infrared Images

Very nice.

I would also like to see some pics shot with currently available film - I'm just starting experimenting with infrared, or I guess near infrared film, since the Efke and Kodak are no longer. The only thing I have used so far is the Rollei Infrared and the Retro 400S and haven't quite got them dialed in yet. I have a roll of the Ilford SFX but haven't shot it as yet.

Suphachai - very nice! What filter did you use and at what nominal unfiltered ISO did you shoot?

Hi Stephen,

thank you. I used the cokin infrared filter @ ISO50.
    Without Filter i shoot with ISO400.

It's a nice Film, good sharpness and contrast, easy to handle as well.

Regards from Germany, Suphachai

Forest in Flood
    Gelatin-silver photograph on Freestyle Private Reserve VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.4cm X 21.4cm, from a Ilford SFX rollfilm negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single reflex camera fitted with a 37mm f4.5 fisheye lens and #25 red filter. Titled and signed recto, stamped and annotated verso.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Wow. I guess I should've tried IR film when I was shooting in the flooded swamp areas.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Lovely image and excellent Wood Effect with SFX and just a #25!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Lovely image and excellent Wood Effect with SFX and just a #25!
    Thanks for the compliment. I was hoping that a #25 red filter could deliver a visible Wood effect and it did. To use an opaque IR filter is simply awful with the 37mm Mamiya fisheye. First the tripod mounted camera is focussed and the scene is framed. Then the lens is de-mounted, the clear filter is screwed off the rear element of the lens, a opaque IR filter is screwed on, the lens is re-mounted on the camera body, the exposure made, the lens is de-mounted again, IR filter off, clear filter on, lens is re-mounted, and off I go looking for the next picture. All this needs ideally three hands especially when standing knee deep in a jungle swamp.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

Maris - very nice!

Thanks for all the kudos. Here's another "swamp" picture. Sometimes it's worth getting one's feet wet.

Flood Flow, Noosa Forest

Gelatin-silver photograph on Freestyle Private Reserve VC FB photographic paper, image size 16.3cm X 21.4cm, from a Ilford SFX negative exposed in a Mamiya RB67 single lens reflex camera fitted with a 50mm f4.5 lens and #25 red filter.