Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Paper

Galaxy Paper

Has anyone here received their Galaxy direct positive paper? If so, if it was to be with chemistry was the chemistry included. If without chemistry are processing requirements and/or formulas included?

Re: Galaxy Paper

Paper came today. Basic instructions, but I didn't order the chemicals and there are no specifics on what to use or where to get theirs....
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Received my paper this week.
    No useful,instructions or suggestions for developers other than galaxy hyperspeed developer. Whatever that may be.

Since i am in europe no chemicals could be send to me.
    I dont know if their proprietary developer will ever be available here.

I will try some developers i have when i find time.

jaap

David and jaap, thank you. That's encouraging. Mine is to be with chemistry but hasn't arrived. Adorama lists the chemistry http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/de...positive+paper While Ive been waiting I looked up Kodak's processing for the Super Speed Direct Positive Paper that Galaxy was designed to replace. With a 15 second rinse between each step, it was 45 seconds in D-88, bleach 30 seconds in R-9, clear 30 seconds in CB-1, and redevelop in T-19 for 60 seconds. In just a very brief search I found most of the formulas on the internet and they are probably all in sources like the Photo Lab Index.

It came! Sometime Monday UPS left a box on my porch. Packed in lots of foam "peanuts," a one liter chemistry kit and in a packet on the back the package of paper. An unexpected surprise, the chemical pack includes goggles and gloves. Another surprise, the directions say a tray of diluted developer is good for one to two weeks and a half full bottle of developer concentrate two months.

Well, mine arrived but there was no packet of instructions included in the box. Each bottle had mixing instructions. Guess I'll have to drop them a note.

EDIT - I also have noted that the developer ingredients consist of hydroquinone and sodum sulfite. That seems to be a very weak developer. I may have to do a search for formulas containing these ingredients.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

I emailed them to get some clarification on developers and toners. But they have not responded. They are off to a really bad start. Maybe Kickstart should revert to Kickass in this case.

I just received a pdf with the instructions from Galaxy. Sent them a note through their contact page.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

My paper turned up yesterday, but as noted the instructions leave a lot to be desired. If anyone figures it out please post here so that I can give it a try.

My chemistry (one liter with 4x5 paper) came with a brief pamphlet of mixing and processing instructions. With the exception of developer dilution mixing was simple and straight forward, one component in water to make 33 oz. The 16 oz bottle of developer says it makes 33 oz but the directions show developer dilution as 1-2.5 which I took to be one part stock to 2.5 parts water. I'd exposed two sheets of paper to a soft window light lit portrait to try it out. I opted for the more dilute version to start with. Processing instructions are simple and for the usual 68F B&W processing temperature, 2 min. in the developer, 1 min. each in the bleach, clearing, and redevelopment (which they term toning) with a one minute rinse between each step and a 10-15 min. final wash. The first sheet was way to dark. I processed the second sheet for 2.5 minutes which produced a definite improvement and points to the bottle rather than the directions pamphlet being correct. When I can try again I'll use the 1:1 dilution. I'll eventually try some other developers and bleaches.