I've been away from this form for quite awhile and after reading some of the news threads it's my understanding that in this forum, LF is now defined as 4"x5" or larger. 6x9, 6x12, and 6x17 are not considered LF as the narrow width is less than 4". If I've missed a thread that explains all this I apologize in advance.

So to post an image it has to have been made on 4x5 or larger film.

What if I take an image on 4x5 film and crop the print to use 2.25" x 3.25" of the 4x5 negative? Is the image still considered LF? And if it is, what is the difference if the same image was made on 2.25" x 3.25" sheet film? The cropped image is LF and is postable but the equivalent image made in a 6x9 view camera is not LF so it can not be posted?

The same question can be asked about an image cropped from a 5x7 negative to use a 6x17 area of the film vs the same image made with a 6x17 camera to start with (assuming that the same focal length lens were used).

Or a 3.25" x 4.25" Speed Graphic image and a 4x5 Speed Graphic image cropped to use 3.25" x 4.25" of the 4x5" negative?

I use a Cambo 23SF view camera with roll backs and SFH (and a Crown Graphic 23). Years ago I gave away my 5x7 view camera to my brother but kept my 5x7 enlarger primarily to print 6x17 images (when I can afford to get a 6x17 camera ).

So are cropped 4x5 images allowed or not allowed?

Thanks!