Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LF Photographers in the Central Florida Area

Re: LF Photographers in the Central Florida Area

Quote Originally Posted by VTHokiEE View Post
    After Labor Day is best from me, maybe the end of Sept/beginning of October? I'm not entirely certain where a good location would be; but a suggestion that I'll toss out is that maybe it would be nice to do a photowalk and sit down for a cup of coffee or small meal somewhere?
    That would be great! I have heard many photographers have gone here and liked it: https://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/recre...arreserve.html

This would allow us to get some photos and it's off Lakeland and I-4 so we could have lunch somewhere. See what you think. Thanks!

CIrcle B is better in the winter. It's kinda slow until December. It's a lot of walking and no facilities except at the nature center. Have you considered Myakka State Park? Much less walking (more roads and opportunities along the road) and many great scenic opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Donald View Post
    CIrcle B is better in the winter. It's kinda slow until December. It's a lot of walking and no facilities except at the nature center. Have you considered Myakka State Park? Much less walking (more roads and opportunities along the road) and many great scenic opportunities.
    Unfortunately, Myakka State Park will be virtually under water for another couple months. After Thanksgiving it can be spectacular.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

I'm all for Myakka River State Park. Since TS Hermine is coming, it will be underwater for awhile. This could go on the "list" if we come up with a few places to try. Not sure where else might be a good place to check out that will be above the water table. I'm flexible and open to any suggestions. Thanks...

Spencer

Stay dry this weekend!

Myakka River State Park looks pretty neat (and I don't expect anyone to decide where to meet as a group solely on my account), but it's getting to be a bit of a drive for me (I'm a little south of Cape Canaveral). My vote would be something a little closer to Orlando to try to split the distance some. I've heard the Harry P Leu Gardens are nice, but I've never been there and photographing a garden may not be everyone's cup of tea.

My Passion Is Learning

Hey guys, New to the forum and close to Orlando! Leu Gardens is a nice little botanical garden that could offer some good pictures! Has anyone thought about Bok Tower Gardens? Im not sure how that would be drive-wise for everyone else but I would say its worth a little bit of a drive! Absolutely gorgeous grounds and the carillon will be fun to photograph (Tilts will probably be needed!). That being said, if we do get together, I'm down for anywhere if I'm in town! Would love to meet some of you and share techniques. LF can be a lonely world!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyG View Post
    Hey guys, New to the forum and close to Orlando! Leu Gardens is a nice little botanical garden that could offer some good pictures! Has anyone thought about Bok Tower Gardens? Im not sure how that would be drive-wise for everyone else but I would say its worth a little bit of a drive! Absolutely gorgeous grounds and the carillon will be fun to photograph (Tilts will probably be needed!). That being said, if we do get together, I'm down for anywhere if I'm in town! Would love to meet some of you and share techniques. LF can be a lonely world!
    Troy,

Welcome to the group. I'm fairly new here as well. Bok Tower and Leu Gardens are great suggestions. I have been to Bok many times (and Spook Hill!). I'm open to try anything to get something going. I live in Port Charlotte which is about 2 1/2hrs away, but I'm open for anything. Anyone else have any suggestions? BTW, Myakka River State Park is open, but just the main road. The trails and concession area are closed due to flooding. Thanks!

Hello there everyone. I know we have been discussing times and places. I don't know if anyone is still interested in getting together or not. I'm in the process of buying a 8x10 so I'm excited to get out and shooting. My friend just bought a 4x5 Zone VI, so we are eager to get out and see what it can do. I was at Myakka River State Park this past Saturday and there is still some water in the trees and bushes. I think this adds to the "old Florida" look if anyone is close to the Southwest side of FL. I'm still game to meet if anyone is. The weather is cooling a bit so it will me much easier to shoot.

If anyone is interested, I'm meeting my photo students and friends at Bok Tower on Sunday, November 6th. I don't know if I'll have my camera by then or not (if not I'll be shooting digital for the day). But if anyone want to come along, they are more than welcome. Hope we can coordinate this some how. Thanks!

I'm game for up coming shots and will make what I can. I'm busy November 12/13 and 19/20, teaching workshops. But I'm available weekends before that. I'm good with Sunday, November 6, just name a time and place you want to meet.