Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linhof "Comfort" recessed board assembly

Linhof "Comfort" recessed board assembly

Anyone know how the pieces go together with a lens install? It doesn't come with instructions. At the same time, if I don't really need the "comfort", can I just install a lens in this board the regular way without the comfort hardware?

Thanks

Re: Linhof "Comfort" recessed board assembly

The mounting is very easy and really doesn't need much in the way of instructions.
    First, this is a recessed board so the shutter's PC contact and cable release socket has to be replaced with the ones that come with the board.
    Then you place the proper F stop scale into the recess on the board.
    Then put the control rings in place on the back of the shutter and loosely mount the shutter to the board so you can rotate to align the flexible cable release into the QR Cable Release Socket and attach the bottom end to the cable release socket on the shutter. Then attach a cable release to the board and cock and fire the shutter a couple of times to ensure that the shutter is in the proper position on the board.
    Now tighten the shutter to the board and remount the front and rear groups of your lens.

Now all operating functions and controls of your shutter are controlled directly from the flat part of the recessed board: press focus, aperture selection, cable release/shutter release, viewing lens aperture, attaching the synch cord, etc. no reaching into the recess to set them.

Or, let any camera repair technician do the installation, it is far less complicated then writing this all down.

The comfort board seems so enticing. I've yet to see one! Would it help with my difficulties with the 135mm Planar in recessed board, and more important, would it allow the Super Technika to close?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    The comfort board seems so enticing. I've yet to see one! Would it help with my difficulties with the 135mm Planar in recessed board, and more important, would it allow the Super Technika to close?
    I don't know how well it would work with old lenses. Bob Watkins may be able to tell you.

Jac, if you're interested I can try to post some pictures of the board and pieces later tonight as I try to figure it out using Bob's instructions. I may have to do that anyway - still not 100% sure I'm going to get it installed correctly on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Jac, if you're interested I can try to post some pictures of the board and pieces later tonight as I try to figure it out using Bob's instructions. I may have to do that anyway - still not 100% sure I'm going to get it installed correctly on the first try.
    Michael, it is really easy. Look at the two black rings. See one has a fork on the end? That fork goes over the press focus on the shutter. The other one goes over the aperture control lever pointer. Easy once you see where they go. The hardest part is unmounting the PC contact and the cable release socket and installing the new ones. Just have a proper size screw driver and magnetize the blade to help hold the tiny screws.
    Put the aperture scale on the board before mounting the black rings to the shutter.

Ok I think I'm getting it now. There's a third, very thin silver ring. Does that go first on the back of the shutter? It seems to fit there.

If I didn't want to use the special cable release mechanism and don't need access to the x socket, can I omit swapping the x socket and shutter release socket?

Thanks for the help

Ok I think I'm getting it now. There's a third, very thin silver ring. Does that go first on the back of the shutter? It seems to fit there.

If I didn't want to use the special cable release mechanism and don't need access to the x socket, can I omit swapping the x socket and shutter release socket?

Thanks for the help
    The silver ring is for the 72mm lens only on that board.
    You will need those sockets so mount them properly.

Coincidentally I'm mounting a 72mm Schneider SA XL. But why would the silver ring only be required for that lens? Isn't a 0 Copal a 0 Copal?

Sorry for all these questions. I don't know much about boards and shutters.

Coincidentally I'm mounting a 72mm Schneider SA XL. But why would the silver ring only be required for that lens? Isn't a 0 Copal a 0 Copal?

Sorry for all these questions. I don't know much about boards and shutters.
    Spacing