Thread: Agnecolor Laminar Flow Processor

Agnecolor Laminar Flow Processor

I may have an application for an Agnekolor processor related to my lumens. If someone use it in the old '80 time, can you tell me if the processor will work with the door open!
    If someone have one especially the 16x20 and in Canada, I will be interested to have it if you didn't use. One actually listed on eBay but the smaller model and pretty high shipping here.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Re: Agnecolor Laminar Flow Processor

I had one way back. It didn't make it with the last house move. The foam on the bars had rotted and I never had great luck with it anyway.

Yes it will work with cover off. Very basic machine, just heater and a pump. You fill the bottom section with water and the heater keeps the water with jars of chemicals warm (for color work). The chemicals are poured in a slot with the pump inlet and drained manually from a valve attached on the side. There are a couple plastic bars with an open cell foam on the bottom, one at the top, to create the laminar flow and second bar at the bottom to hold the paper.

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Richards View Post
    I had one way back. It didn't make it with the last house move. The foam on the bars had rotted and I never had great luck with it anyway.
    George
    Thanks Georges for the info. Idea is to have the possibility to brief exposure to light for RA color paper. Something to try, in complement of my lumen on B&W papers, if I can found a processor at low price.
    If the processor have rotten foam, do you think the foam can be changed? The foam cover a metal bar and chemicals flows through some hole in the metal or if the laminar flow is specifically from the foam design?
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Based on my sometimes fuzzy memory the solutions flow from the top section with many small holes, the leading edge of the paper is over this section and the top bar holds the paper down. The second bar is movable to different spots to hold different sizes of paper. The chemicals then drain down to the pump inlet and are circulated to the top again. The bars are plastic with about 5mm of foam on the bottom. It may be possible to replace it if you could find the right material and glue. The foam is a very coarse open material - I don't think I've ever seen it anywhere else. The closest thing would be something like those scrub pads you can get the kitchen but more open. It may work with partly rotten foam. If I recall I had lots of trouble with streaking and edges not getting processed properly.

The other thing to keep in mind is the paper is processed face down - it floats on the thin film of chemicals. This might make your idea more difficult (and messy). I do have a brochure with some pictures and basic instructions, if you want I can scan it - might take a couple days my scanner is not connected right now.

George

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPSON001.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	144400 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPSON002.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	144401 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPSON003.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	144402 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPSON004.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	144403

...I'd forgotten about that processor - but this gets my brain going a bit, about DIY-ing something similar for really large fiber prints? Would need a pre-soak first to make sure paper would lay flat from the start of development. Hmmm...

A word of caution. I had one of these for a very brief time. If any of the holes at the top get clogged, you'll get a horrendous streak down an expensive piece of paper. And they clog easily. Even when not clogged, if you don't prewet the paper, the solutions won't evenly flow down the surface and you'll get uneven development. It was a bad design all the way around.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

CHECK OUT VINTAGE KODAK FILM

https://youtu.be/8Uji7ap0YuQ