Thread: Measuring FL on lens itself? Enlarging lenses for special lens-setup

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Measuring FL on lens itself? Enlarging lenses for special lens-setup

Want to make different setups attaching large enlarging lenses 210 upwards to bellows, tubes, novoflex grips. pigrips. I already have the standalone 200mm and B-type 400(triplet) -system. I want to find out how to FLs when lens is attached to camera and set to infinity.
    with the standalone 200mm follow-focus from novoflex the 200mm line is a bit infront of aperture. if i dont err. with enlarging lens its exactly at the aperture-plane.

i want to attach a 480mm on my 400mm-system by making a tube. maybe best testing with bellows out. but must first have a tube otherwise unprecise. Lens-system or part of it will be used on 35mm/APS-C and 6x6(with its own bellows).

old Rodagon 240-95mm-sunshade-adapter-get the original for sonnars with 86mm-filter-thread.
    i also have the older Rodagon 240/5.6-with larger 86mm filterthread. the one which is getting air-bubbles at the edge. btw: the chinese 86/95 adapters which should carry the old sunshade for carl zeiss jena sonnars 180/300 do not work, or not perfect enough, thread too short. get the original solid adapter.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

Re: Measuring FL on lens itself? Enlarging lenses for special lens-setup

Why not just contact Novoflex in Memmingen and ask them?

Large format is defined here as 4x5" and larger.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

I have it:
    Novoflex told that all their lenses are made by Staeble Schongau, now elsewhere and other owner. That means also the bellow-heads 60 and 105 are staeble.But they had also a tele-xenar quickfocus(handle on top) 135mm. that must be from schneider. will ask again.

And that these simple 400 and 600 and the other lenses for the system hold their FLs exactly. so i only have to know real FL of e.g. apo-ronar to get the right tube-lenght. and follow-focus-system has infinity adjustment-screw. if made a bit shorter one could enlarge bellows a bit. ok not so ideal. if needed we will adjust tubes(making new one) to be perfect.
    www.stereopan.org

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Large format is defined here as 4x5" and larger.
    The lenses are for largeformat.
    www.stereopan.org

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    I have it:
    Novoflex told that all their lenses are made by Staeble Schongau, now elsewhere and other owner. That means also the bellow-heads 60 and 105 are staeble.But they had also a tele-xenar quickfocus(handle on top) 135mm. that must be from schneider. will ask again.

And that these simple 400 and 600 and the other lenses for the system hold their FLs exactly. so i only have to know real FL of e.g. apo-ronar to get the right tube-lenght. and follow-focus-system has infinity adjustment-screw. if made a bit shorter one could enlarge bellows a bit. ok not so ideal. if needed we will adjust tubes(making new one) to be perfect.
    When did they tell you that? They are selling modified Schneider lenses for their bellows systems. The last Follow Focus lenses offered choices that included Leitz lens heads.

OP, here are the answers you want: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...863#post584863 and http://www.largeformatphotography.in...p/t-16692.html

if i dont err. with enlarging lens its exactly at the aperture-plane.
    This isn't guaranteed.

If you are focusing through the lens with a lens on a Novoflex follow focus rig, why not just set up the lens to focus a little through infinity? Many, not all, long focus lenses in focusing mounts, e.g., my 700/8 Questar (like nearly all lenses in focusing mounts, not a large format lens), are made to focus through infinity to allow for the effects of thermal expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    The lenses are for largeformat.
    Sorry, I must have misread your post :
    it will be used on 35mm/APS-C