Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lenses and their "personality"..

Re: Lenses and their "personality"..

Quote Originally Posted by Lethargus View Post
    These are great and put my efforts to do similar with my collection to shame. I just started putting mine together last week at https://grumpyoldman.dev/Lenses/ mostly so I could remember which lens to grab for which effect, so it's only a small subset right now. Now you've got me wanting to hunt down some of your lenses... You've shown me what I can aspire to.
    You have a very nice website - with jump from lens to examples.

I note you have a proto Euryscope in your collection which is already in our list of these!

A reasonably priced landscape meniscus would, perhaps, be a useful addition to your battery!

These are great and put my efforts to do similar with my collection to shame. I just started putting mine together last week at https://grumpyoldman.dev/Lenses/ mostly so I could remember which lens to grab for which effect, so it's only a small subset right now. Now you've got me wanting to hunt down some of your lenses... You've shown me what I can aspire to.
    What a cool website!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    What a cool website!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    You have a very nice website - with jump from lens to examples.

I note you have a proto Euryscope in your collection which is already in our list of these!

A reasonably priced landscape meniscus would, perhaps, be a useful addition to your battery!
    Thanks for the compliments. I do need another good landscape lens. Any recommendations based on the ones in this thread?

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Thanks for the compliments. I do need another good landscape lens. Any recommendations based on the ones in this thread?
    Looks like Imagons are finally starting to come back into their own; grab one before they go up. They even come in shutters up to 360mm. And remember that every Petzval has a landscape lens up front!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by jaytral View Post
    my Eidoscope #2 is 375mm f4.5 and covers 8x10 at portrait distance
    I can confirm that, one of my most used portrait lenses on 8x10 as it fits easily on my Sinar P and Sinar Copal shutter.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Looks like Imagons are finally starting to come back into their own; grab one before they go up. They even come in shutters up to 360mm. And remember that every Petzval has a landscape lens up front!
    I've got a 250mm and a 120mm Imagon which I love. I had forgotten about flipping Petzvals. Good idea, and I need to try that with my Darlot Cascet next batch I take. I think my Speed Graphic will have just enough bellows range for at infinity, but nothing closer.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amedeus View Post
    I can confirm that, one of my most used portrait lenses on 8x10 as it fits easily on my Sinar P and Sinar Copal shutter.

Cheers,
    Interesting discussion in that I have my Eidoscope #2 listed for sale on here. I love the lens but I have to let it go. It does have a wonderful personality. One of my favorites. I know it covers 8x10 at infinity as well.

playing a little more

testing my Plasticca and the Dupluich lenses for portrait work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dupluich2.jpg   plasticca.jpg  

They're not the most "exotic" of the lenses here, but I love portraits with the Kodak Ektars. They say "1940s" to me.
    They're sharp, modern lenses, but they seem less harsh than current ones. My only guess is that it's because of the perfectly round aperture, but I'm guessing there.

Quote Originally Posted by SParis View Post
    They're not the most "exotic" of the lenses here, but I love portraits with the Kodak Ektars. They say "1940s" to me.
    They're sharp, modern lenses, but they seem less harsh than current ones. My only guess is that it's because of the perfectly round aperture, but I'm guessing there.
    show us