Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikor-like)?

Re: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikkor-like)?

Good photographer friend.
    I am a B&W KING of the designer Liu.
    Very glad to be here and everybody discussion B&W KING developing tank.Problems and solutions.
    This product is the time I spent eight years of design, I also am a photographer, and users.Photography is without borders, I hope more photographers use it, enjoy it.
    thank you

Les

Is there a way to stop the leaking ? Aside from ebay, is there a distributor in US or on this continent ? Thanks.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Is there a way to stop the leaking ? Aside from ebay, is there a distributor in US or on this continent ? Thanks.

Les
    Dear Leszek Vogt:
    I don't know you speak of leakage, leakage liquid or leakage light?At the same time operating problems?
    1, because the jar is stainless steel, vertical operation not leakage.
    If long time placed horizontally, can cover is fit, likely to leak.But this is the wrong operation.
    2, the jar of interlayer is can adjust height with screws.To control the speed of the pumping liquid from the top.If interlayer height is too high, you're in a very bright light operation, the need to reduce interlayer height, avoid the from the roof.(modified method introduce another)
    3, at present, from China to the United States and other European countries, in the EBAY is one of the most economic.Freight only 25 to $28.
    If the normal ems express delivery, need $70 to $80, it's terrible.
    I couldn't speak English, computer translation, may be inaccurate, forgive me
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post

Les
    B&W KING now no agent distributors in the United States.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    Attachment 142955
    You look pretty dumb but these work. Jakks Pacific Spy Net IR goggles. Two sets of LEDs one full IR the other near IR. I taped over the NIR LEDS so I wouldn't accidentally activate. The IR LEDS have had absolutely no effect on any film I've tried. Obviously no Ilford or Maco IR. Now I have installed a IR flood on the wall 20 bucks off of eBay. .
    Can you post a link of which IR flood you bought? I bought one with about 50 leds, and within a week, more than 3/4 of them were out. I read that an unregulated wall wart, even of the right voltage and amperage, could do that.

Re: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikor-like)?

Discussions from two threads merged here.

Regarding leaking with SS tanks. It's been my experience through the years that SS tanks with SS lids ALWAYS leak, even the best ones. I keep a roll of electrical tape in my darkroom, and always wrap one turn around the lid/tank joint when processing, and that does the trick.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

To glean more information about leakage and materials' actual performance in the subject tank system, see Bob's current F/S ad for his sample:

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnton View Post
    Regarding leaking with SS tanks. It's been my experience through the years that SS tanks with SS lids ALWAYS leak, even the best ones. I keep a roll of electrical tape in my darkroom, and always wrap one turn around the lid/tank joint when processing, and that does the trick.
    That was my experience with the 5x7 B&W King tank. Tape makes a lot of sense, instead of tape I just did not invert the tank, the spinner makes stationary processing easy and results in no leakage. The few times I did invert it I used a few sheets of paper towel over the top. Because of the size of 5x7 film and the volume of fluid I would avoid inversion as it might dislodge the sheets of film in the reel.

Just check today my King 4x5 on leaks. My don't leaking. Just a drop of liquid came out from the tank when I invert it and hold for a few seconds in that position. Maybe 5x7 leaking because it bigger than 4x5.