Thread: Questions about Durst L1200, CLS 450, CNA 450 and Rayco timer stabiliser

Question Questions about Durst L1200, CLS 450, CNA 450 and Rayco timer stabiliser

Hi all,

I bought a second-hand Durst L1200 with CLS 450 head some time ago, but only now am getting around to setting it up in my darkroom. I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone have operating instructions for any of the above they are willing to share?

2. The head plugs into a Rayco timer-stabiliser via a rectangular 12-pin plug. Is the Rayco a necessary part of the equation? Can the head plug into something else, such as:

3. The Durst CNA 450, which I also have? This has an output at the back labelled Output 1000W - what plugs into that?

4. When I plug the head into the Rayco and turn it on, the fan starts - great. However when I switch all the other switches, the bulb doesn't turn on. How do I determine if this is a faulty bulb, or a faulty Rayco?

Many thanks as always for your help

Re: Questions about Durst L1200, CLS 450, CNA 450 and Rayco timer stabiliser

The L1200 is an amazing machine. I have one.

Start here: http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/L1200.php

The manual is in the tab, for download

The CNA is a color analyzer; you can google for its manual.

Did you get the power supply? That seemed to be the hardest thing to get.

Good luck

Vick

Thanks Vick. I have now determined that the bulb is NOT faulty. Bummer. That means that either the head or the Rayco are at fault right? Should I start by checking everything with a multimeter to see what's what? Can't find anything about the CNA at all...

Quote Originally Posted by threebythree View Post
    Can the head plug into something else,
    I believe the 4x5 Durst color heads can be powered with EST450, EST500, TRA450 or TRA500 power supply.

I've now discovered that the fault was in the Rayco - the fuse housing won't seat correctly meaning that when I manually push the user-replaceable fuse in with my finger - the bulb lights!

It also means that I've blown my bulb