Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 96" x 144" or 8' x 12' !!! Yes folks ! One of the largest cameras ever made !

96" x 144" or 8' x 12' !!! Yes folks ! One of the largest cameras ever made !

No kidding !!! This camera is worthy of a prize ! What a pleasure to look at that shutter ! That's how you stand out from the crowd specially in the digital era . This is the brainchild of Dennis Manarchy ! Check it out !!!!
    http://www.lomography.com/magazine/2...erican-culture

Re: 96" x 144" or 8' x 12' !!! Yes folks ! One of the largest cameras ever made !

It is impressive, but I never saw it when it was 3 miles away. My loss.

I like the building of it video, but I am a gear head.

Re: 96" x 144" or 8' x 12' !!! Yes folks ! One of the largest cameras ever made !

Is this camera actually being used on a regular basis or was this a one-time stint ?

The video was interesting but not very informative, maybe that's because I don't read well or fast, and there was no voice-over. Did they actually fabricate the lens/shutter? Is it actually functional as a mechanical shutter?

I didn't see that the camera was actually used either. What is the sensitive medium. How are negatives and prints processed? and so on . . .

I mean its great to see. Does anyone here have any connection to this project? Can we get this guy toparticipate with our community here on LFP.info? Is this camera available for workshops or rental as the ULF polaroids were?

I'd love to see this assembly backed into a scenic overlook on Trail Ridge Road or the Grand Canyon!
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Not this BS again.

I saw mockups of this (or Photoshop graphics, like in the video) a year or so ago. At that time, we determined it wasn't a real camera, or being used. I could be wrong.

UPDATE: I see you posted what I was thinking...at the same time.

So is it real or what?
    Looks like there was a good bit of metal fabrication; bending, welding and machining. Must have cost a fortune. What drives this project?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Suckers giving money?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    So is it real or what?
    Looks like there was a good bit of metal fabrication; bending, welding and machining. Must have cost a fortune. What drives this project?
    Ego, perhaps. Delusion, possibly. There are many other possible motivations.

So far at least one failed Kickstarter and one failed Indiegogo.