Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good evening everyone

Good evening everyone

Hi, my name is Oscar Gonzalez, I'm a person, I'm a medical doctor and I'm a junky for film photography also.
    Recently I purchased a Linhof Technika IV (isn't LF) but what a better place to learn than here.

Re: Good evening everyone

If it is a Technika IV 4x5 or 5x7 it certainly is large format! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    If it is a Technika IV 4x5 or 5x7 it certainly is large format! Enjoy!
    Is a Super Technika lV, I think is a 2x3 (6x9), I have a lot of questions hehe

Quote Originally Posted by oscar_gonzalez View Post
    Is a Super Technika lV, I think is a 2x3 (6x9), I have a lot of questions hehe
    Just ask. Post the serial number and we can tell you exactly what it is and when it was made.

Ok, SN: 82960
    Can I get sheets of film to it? I don't have the holders also.
    I have the 6x9 back (rollex, the knob one) but I'm missing the insert to make it work and I can't find it anywhere.
    So I can't use it.
    I assume this camera can't accept 4x5 right?

Quote Originally Posted by oscar_gonzalez View Post
    Ok, SN: 82960
    Can I get sheets of film to it? I don't have the holders also.
    I have the 6x9 back (rollex, the knob one) but I'm missing the insert to make it work and I can't find it anywhere.
    So I can't use it.
    I assume this camera can't accept 4x5 right?
    1947 Technika IV without the rangefinder.
    You should be able to find double sheet film holders for 23 cameras used. I don't think new ones have been made for decades. The inserts for the old Rollex backs also have not been made for many decades and the later Super Rollex inserts would not fit your housing, although 23 Super Rollex backs will fit are very expensive. You can not use 45 film in it.

If I was in your position, rather then investing in your camera I would sell it and look for a 45 Technika IV, or later, and invest in it. Virtually all accessories made since the 45 IV was introduced would fit a 45 Technika IV, V or Master and film and holders are readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    1947 Technika IV without the rangefinder.
    You should be able to find double sheet film holders for 23 cameras used. I don't think new ones have been made for decades. The inserts for the old Rollex backs also have not been made for many decades and the later Super Rollex inserts would not fit your housing, although 23 Super Rollex backs will fit are very expensive. You can not use 45 film in it.

If I was in your position, rather then investing in your camera I would sell it and look for a 45 Technika IV, or later, and invest in it. Virtually all accessories made since the 45 IV was introduced would fit a 45 Technika IV, V or Master and film and holders are readily available.

Ok, you know, mine has a RF Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PSX_20151021_211322.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	141245
    Also i got this camera on a flee market for 120 dls with 3 lenses, so i want to make the best of it.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Oscar, your best bet would be to obtain another roll film holder. Not sure what other brands, other than the Rollex brand, can be used with your camera.

2x3 sheet film can be obtained, but it is primarily B&W film. I have not seen any color film. You will have more film choices with the roll film back.

One other question. Where are you located? Film supplies vary from location to location.

Good luck,

Jose

with three lenses?

even if you spend 200 on a rollholder..you'll be in fine shape..and I bet you can get an old 4x5 rollex back for 4x5 for less - just for the insert

a sweet 120 rangefinder -

Wow... that's a fabulous score, Oscar. Congrats!! I agree with others you're best off with a roll film holder. What lenses came with the camera? Do you have the matching cams too?