Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jobo 2509n reels: reading about surge marks; is there a solution?

Re: Jobo 2509n reels: reading about surge marks; is there a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    YOU CAN'T FIT A 2509N REEL INTO A 1500 SERIES TANK. I USE A 2523 OR 2553 1 OR 2 REELS, 6 SHEETS PER REEL, WITH A CPP2 PROCESSOR. I USE XTOL SOMETIMES STOCK SOMETIMES DILUTED 1&1 BUT AS WAS NOTED EARLIER BY HUUB FOR XTOL YOU NEED AT LEAST 100 mL OF STOCK FOR EACH 80 SQUARE INCHES OF FILM. SO FOR 12 SHEETS 300mL STOCK AND 300 mL WATER, AT 68F OR 20C THATS 9 MIN AND 15 SEC, TOTAL DEVELOPMENT TIME.
    Duolab123, THANKS! I appreciate you sharing the details of your success. My apologize for the error. Thanks for clarifying.

ps: Wondering: Does your CPP2 reverse like Chauncey's? I wonder if that is part of the success. If so, can a CPE2 can be modified to reverse?

Paul
    Dallas Texas HABS / HAER / HALS Photography
    Photographer/Author Marfa Flights: Aerial Views of Big Bend Country (Texas A&M University Press)
    Petroleum Oil Pics

Quote Originally Posted by pchaplo View Post
    Duolab123, THANKS! I appreciate you sharing the details of your success. My apologize for the error. Thanks for clarifying.

ps: Wondering: Does your CPP2 reverse like Chauncey's? I wonder if that is part of the success. If so, can a CPE2 can be modified to reverse?

Paul
    All Jobo processors are built to reverse the rotation direction ever 1.5/2 turns, including the CPE2.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Paul, the CPE2+ does reverse rotation. No need to MOD.
    I would suggest to contact other members in the area owning a CPE2 to help you to get started with the Jobo. Also, did you searched for "cpe2 video" in Google?

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    All Jobo processors are built to reverse the rotation direction ever 1.5/2 turns, including the CPE2.
    Thanks, I had the wrong information.
    Photographer/Author Marfa Flights: Aerial Views of Big Bend Country (Texas A&M University Press)
    Petroleum Oil Pics

Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    Paul, the CPE2+ does reverse rotation. No need to MOD.
    I would suggest to contact other members in the area owning a CPE2 to help you to get started with the Jobo. Also, did you searched for "cpe2 video" in Google?
    Yes, I watched some videos but at the time wasnt looking at the drum rotation but focused on the process. I am going to sell the 1526 tank that came with my Jobo and get a 2500-series tank and 2509n reel so that I can find out first-hand. If I could find a local (Dallas - Fort Worth) Jobo user to teach me over coffee that would be awesome! Great idea!
    Petroleum Oil Pics