Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from France

Re: Hello from France

Thank you Alan!

I bought an old american wooden 8x10 which has been slighty modified to add front tilt and to accept standard Linof type lensboards I already use on my 4x5. It's a Wizard View by Gundlash-Manhattan Optical Co. It's very light and the wooden parts are very noce to look at and touch.

Lionel.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by stormpetrel View Post
    I don't see any problem to do an international bank transfer. Send them your bank account number (must be an IBAN + your bank physical address + your bank SWIFT code). The publisher will have to pay bank fees for the transaction. Your bank will also charge you few bucks for receiving the money from overseas bank (this is quite common with US banks). You might loose few dollars in bank fees & currency exchange rates but at least you will get your money. Did you send them a tax invoice by any chance?

Dom

Cheers, Dominique
    Dom,

Thank you for your reply.

I think the problem is that my bank is not large enough to have a SWIFT code. Is that a European thing?

I have no idea what a tax invoice is. Is that also a European thing?

Terry

Welcome from California!
    8x10 is a grand adventure.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    Thank you Alan!

I bought an old american wooden 8x10 which has been slighty modified to add front tilt and to accept standard Linof type lensboards I already use on my 4x5. It's a Wizard View by Gundlash-Manhattan Optical Co. It's very light and the wooden parts are very noce to look at and touch.

Lionel.
    Your Wizard View sounds real nice. That front tilt will definitely come in handy. I shoot a Wehman field camera. I have most of my lenses mounted on the smaller Technika style boards too. That's a wise decision, especially since you own two cameras.

Thank you Andrew and John for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    Dom,

Thank you for your reply.

I think the problem is that my bank is not large enough to have a SWIFT code. Is that a European thing?Terry
    SWIFT is an international bank code, not specifically European. If you have an IBAN, it should do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    Dom,
    I have no idea what a tax invoice is. Is that also a European thing?

Terry
    Sorry , I should have said "invoice" instead of "tax invoice" ("tax invoice" here in New Zealand is an invoice where GST/TVA appears, it is valid only in NZ) . I do have clients all around the world (except in the US !), and it is a common practice to send an invoice detailing the good and service sold. It is an official document used to record accounts receivable for the seller and accounts payable for the buyer. Without this document, their accountant could be reluctant to transfer money (if they are controled by the tax department, they should be able to provide an invoice for each payment made)
    Your invoice could be quite simple. It should figure the billing address (your name & personal address) , the name and address of your client, the list of items sold properly described, the total amount due, your bank details for the payment (account name, IBAN account number, bank name, bank address,bank branch number...). Delivery dates of the product if they have been delivered, contract number (if you have one), order date (date of the email where they order you the pictures), the name of the guy you dealt with. I would express all the price in Euro currency instead of US dollars to simplify the payment process (I had to redo my invoices quite often in the local currency to make things works.

Cheers, Dom