Thread: The people you meet in photography

The people you meet in photography

Today I went to an estate sale that has some LF gear for sale. A Ton of it. I managed to get away with wallet intact but met one of the coolest photographers I think I have ever come across. J Robert Russell of Eagles Cry Adventures. I could have talked to him all day listening to his stories. Below is an excerpt from his website.

Robert is a photographer and videographer whose assignments have taken him to remote corners of the world. During the past decade, he has flown in hot air balloons over the North Pole, the Great Wall of China, in the deserts of India, been diving with sharks off the coast of South America and trekked the jungles of Amazonas with the Yanomami Indians.

Other Atlanta area photographers I have met and enjoyed knowing include Chuck Rogers , Craig Tanner and Jim Roof. Chuck shot the saturn rockets and space shuttles for NASA and played a major role in ASMP with copyright laws. Craig and Jim are excellent commercial photographers whose work inspires me.

Re: The people you meet in photography

Old newspaper photographers from the Speed Graphic era are becoming fewer and fewer, but generally have enthralling stories to share.
    I would have loved to have spent an afternoon listening to Ernest Perdum (sp?) who used to post here.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Last year I met Michael Agelopas in Baltimore, one of the top professional photographers there. He has some great stories from decades of photographing. He drops by to say hi and ask what I've been doing photographically.

Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd Home-Rustbelt is Home Base

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    Today I went to an estate sale that has some LF gear for sale. A Ton of it. I managed to get away with wallet intact but met one of the coolest photographers I think I have ever come across. J Robert Russell of Eagles Cry Adventures. I could have talked to him all day listening to his stories. Below is an excerpt from his website.

Robert is a photographer and videographer whose assignments have taken him to remote corners of the world. During the past decade, he has flown in hot air balloons over the North Pole, the Great Wall of China, in the deserts of India, been diving with sharks off the coast of South America and trekked the jungles of Amazonas with the Yanomami Indians.

Other Atlanta area photographers I have met and enjoyed knowing include Chuck Rogers , Craig Tanner and Jim Roof. Chuck shot the saturn rockets and space shuttles for NASA and played a major role in ASMP with copyright laws. Craig and Jim are excellent commercial photographers whose work inspires me.

Wow, great group of contacts. I never meet anyone like that.

In the old days I met plenty of people to shoot. But that died off after the 1980's. People are too paranoid to let me into their homes and are self-sufficient with their photo needs nowadays as long as they have a cell phone cam.

Here are some of the people I met.

nsfw

https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/...t-at-the-home/