Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Look for someone to make bellows

Retired

Re: Look for someone to make bellows

Don't know if why, but I doubt if the backlog is to large. I will contact again to get more info.

Jack

Will search more online. Thanks, David

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Search his business name here or on apug. Lots of good things. Good service as well.

Thanks so much for your valuable hands-on information.

Quote Originally Posted by David Karp View Post
    Rudy's company made a 5x7 bellows for my ARCA Swiss monorail. I sent the bellows frames and he glued the bellows to them when it was finished. My bellows is red. I have another bellows for a different camera that was made by Western Bellows, and I have seen and handled cameras with bellows made by Custom Bellows. I have a hunch that the bellows on my Walker Titan were made by Custom Bellows.

The bellows from Rudy is of similar quality. It looks great, the pleats look good, and everything is just as I asked. The material is thicker and heavier weight than my other bellows, whether those on the cameras listed above, or the original ARCA 4x5 bellows. As a result, it is not as flexible as the other bellows. This is not an issue with my 5x7. It is capable of all the movements I need from my 135mm Fujinon W to my 450mm Fujinon C.

On top of all this, Rudy's communication was excellent. We corresponded until it was clear he understood my needs. He kept me up to date on progress and sent me a notice with tracking number when he shipped the product.

Here is a quick snap of the 5x7 ARCA with bellows.

Attachment 139729

Film and Darkroom User

Hi,

I was somewhat concerned when I saw this thread. I live in the UK and contacted Camera Bellows earlier. Their response was...

Hi Barry
    I can confirm we are still going strong, yes we manufacture for all major camera companies ... Like Canham Lotus Arca Linhof etc
    It may be because the Bulldog Camera Kit site has not been updated since the old Camera Bellows were closed in 2008 and we started up as Custom Bellows in 2009, but I can assure you we are going strong and have no intention of shutting
    Thank you for your interest
    Best Regards
    Keith Lowe

Phew!

They are now called Custom Bellows (http://www.custombellows.co.uk/)

Please note I have no connection with this company.

Greetings from Custom Bellows Ltd
    I would just like assure people we are still going strong and have no intention of closing the business, it's been going for over a 100 years would not dream of shutting the doors. There was a lull in business when Camera Bellows were closed in 2008, but we came back in 2009 under the name Custom Bellows admittedly on a smaller scale but still with the same materials and skills that have kept us going for so long. Strange how these rumours get started.....but they are not true.

I agree. Thank goodness.

Whew. That's great! I've been very happy with the bellows I've bought from Custom Bellows.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Custom Bellows is good, but slow and very expensive.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

They haven't been slow for me. Recently they re-did some Century No. 7 8x10 bellows in a few weeks, including international shipping. The cost was reasonable.

Another time, I had them make me a bellows for a Technicka III. At that time they were the only bellows manufacturer I contacted that guaranteed that the camera would close normally with their bellows. The Tech III bellows had to be very compressible.

Over the years, they've made a lot of OEM bellows.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I am very glad to hear http://www.custombellows.co.uk/ remains and never was in danger of NOT being in business.

Rumours are dangerous folks. I plan to buy from them in the coming year, their reputation is sterling!

I posted their link as an apology for even considering the unthinkable.
    Tin Can