Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

  1. #11
    Tim Meisburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    McLean, Va.
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Yes, Shanghai is still available in 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10, but 5x7 and 8x10 are hard to find outside China. The film is relatively cheap if you can get it in China, but buying it from outside the country it is comparable in price to other economy films. I like it, but others have had variable experience.

  2. #12
    bob carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario,
    Posts
    4,591

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Who makes the Rollei and Bergger Panchro film product line?? and where is it made??
    Quote Originally Posted by mihag View Post
    - Bergger Panchro
    - Rollei RPX

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    129

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Who makes the Rollei and Bergger Panchro film product line?? and where is it made??
    Bergger is Made in Germany, probably by InovisCoat, Harman coats Rollei.
    Linhof Kardan re

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Leipzig, Germany
    Posts
    496

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Banse & Grohmann in Wernigerode/Germany offers b/w sheet film and graded as well as v/c papers under the WEPHOTA label. The company started as a management buyout of a part of the east german ORWO Kombinat. They used to make their own film and paper (on a large scale). At least part of their product portfolio is not produced in house any more (don't know to which extent), but they offer film in a wide variety of sizes and special products like single weight photo paper coated on both sides.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    Banse & Grohmann in Wernigerode/Germany offers b/w sheet film and graded as well as v/c papers under the WEPHOTA label. The company started as a management buyout of a part of the east german ORWO Kombinat. They used to make their own film and paper (on a large scale). At least part of their product portfolio is not produced in house any more (don't know to which extent), but they offer film in a wide variety of sizes and special products like single weight photo paper coated on both sides.
    Thanks Michael!
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    Yes, Shanghai is still available in 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10, but 5x7 and 8x10 are hard to find outside China. The film is relatively cheap if you can get it in China, but buying it from outside the country it is comparable in price to other economy films. I like it, but others have had variable experience.
    Good to know, Tim.
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    56

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    Yes, Shanghai is still available in 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10, but 5x7 and 8x10 are hard to find outside China. The film is relatively cheap if you can get it in China, but buying it from outside the country it is comparable in price to other economy films. I like it, but others have had variable experience.
    Yes, Shanghai in 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 is still available on China version of eBay. They recently paused new batches but not expected to stop altogether. It is interesting to hear that Shanghai is hard to get outside the country, what we heard was that Shanghai GP3 is prodominantly exporting, and they depend on X-Ray to the company surviving. I ordered a few boxes of 11x14 early this year on a group purchase, but only got less than two boxes. The story was that they had too much defects when cutting.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    There might be some additional information here: http://www.theonlinedarkroom.com/201...ilm-table.html

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    You could add Lomig to the list. They make a unique/niche B&W film using washi paper as a base instead of acetate.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    San Joaquin Valley, California
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Who is making/distributiing B&W sheet film?

    Quote Originally Posted by koraks View Post
    You could add Lomig to the list. They make a unique/niche B&W film using washi paper as a base instead of acetate.
    Interesting---thanks!
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

Similar Threads

  1. Kodak drops prices on sheet film! 50 sheet boxes are back!
    By John Kasaian in forum On Photography
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 8-Apr-2011, 12:06
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3-Jun-2009, 01:47
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26-Jun-2008, 12:55

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •