Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gas Burst Chemistry Oxidation Questions

Re: Gas Burst Chemistry Oxidation Questions

If it involved H&D curves etc. I would gladly post them (as I have in the past) but I'm not about to spend hours trying to photograph sheets of film to post here, particularly since there is no point. I'm not interested in changing your mind, and in the past I have had some bad experiences here when posting explanations/evidence. Sorry. Carry on and just enjoy the process. It ain't worth arguing about.

You started the argument...

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    If it involved H&D curves etc. I would gladly post them (as I have in the past) but I'm not about to spend hours trying to photograph sheets of film to post here, particularly since there is no point. I'm not interested in changing your mind, and in the past I have had some bad experiences here when posting explanations/evidence. Sorry. Carry on and just enjoy the process. It ain't worth arguing about.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    N2 is an inert gas and will not combine with photo chemistry to alter it. It is so inexpensive to use it really makes little sense to use air and take a chance on it reducing the efficiency or life of the chemistry.
    Unless you use a one shot developer like Rodinal. You don't use the system everyday (or in my case every week) and don't want to buy, lease or pay demurrage on an idle cylinder that would sit for 24 months, in my case.

That would be different if my new business "freeE6processing.com" takes off OY! DON'T OPEN THE DOOR! OPEN TANKS!

I may have set in motion a chain of events that we all will regret! I do think I would have asked why the flying school guys only wanted to learn how to take off, and cruise. Not land!
    That's the second most important thing for a pilot to know, right?
    I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Omega Arkay, ask for Jeff.
    Do you have any contact info? All I know of Arkay is they fabricate stainless in Milwaukee. I don't know anything about the company. I have acquired old catalogs, most of catalog numbers are the same.
    I will probably get lazy and use the Jobo.

I was able to get a plenum from an old commercial nitrogen burst system. It’s made for a 3.5 gallon tank and works well with that. It is simply a rather rigid plastic tubing formed into a rectangle with a tube extending up above the top of the tank. It was originally attached to a frame that held it about a half inch above the bottom of the tank.

I don’t see why a similar device couldn’t be made from regular tubing held in place and formed into a loop. I’m thinking the base of an under gravel aquarium filter cut to size would work. It would be tedious but the holes could be made in the tubing with a hot needle or a tiny drill bit in a Dremel.

Agree, the new RO tubing is tough stuff and micro drill bits, meaning below #1 are easily obtained these days

It will take trial and error, but by no means as difficult as drilling SS tube

I would want deeper tanks than my one gallon, so I could have more volume for D23 replenished adding N2 for that

Right now 40 ml of Rodinol per gallon is affordable One Shot
    Tin Can

So I'm putting this on hold. I've got 2 gallon system pretty much ready. I'm working on my studio and finishing room right now. There's always something.

I used the miracle of my Nikon D6 on Monday to take pictures of my flowering Pear tree. The camera sent jpegs to my phone, I pushed a button and a couple nice glossy 5x7 prints came out of my Canon printer. Pretty clear why pros adopted this new technology ��

Yes, but many of us have taken The Road Not Taken

Always have, sometimes a dangerous path. I turned around JIT more than once

and I want to make negs/Sun Prints after the EMP war

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    So I'm putting this on hold. I've got 2 gallon system pretty much ready. I'm working on my studio and finishing room right now. There's always something.

I used the miracle of my Nikon D6 on Monday to take pictures of my flowering Pear tree. The camera sent jpegs to my phone, I pushed a button and a couple nice glossy 5x7 prints came out of my Canon printer. Pretty clear why pros adopted this new technology ��
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Yes, but many of us have taken The Road Not Taken

Always have, sometimes a dangerous path. I turned around JIT more than once

and I want to make negs/Sun Prints after the EMP war
    I'm stocking up for the Great Pixel loss. Film is what I use when it's meant to be kept. If it's a playful thing I use digital. I try to keep my electronic images out of the cloud. EMP, it's a matter of when not if. Even if it's not hostile, there's plenty of problems that just happen.