Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
Sure, but you can test this -- if you happen to know how much swinging/tilting/shifting/rising you will do with the lens. With many wide-angle lenses their is little room for movements even without any filters! And with a pretty collapsed bellows you are physically limited to small movements anyway. My 47mm just barely covers 4x5 but I can't move much at infinity even with a recessed board due to the nearly completely collapsed bellows. My 105mm just barely covers 4x5 but I can't move much at infinity due to the small image circle. But I find I don't need, nor use, much movement with my very wide-angle lenses.
That is with your camera. But there are cameras with much more flexible bellows, there are cameras that can use recessed boards and there are cameras that accept a bag bellows. All of these can let you use as much movement as the lens allows the camera of your choice. In other words, themovementsare limited only by the bellows and the lens coverage on these cameras and not because of restrictions in the camera's design.