Thread: Rodenstock Apo-sironar 210mm on DB pannel could it be change to a regular shutter?

Rodenstock Apo-sironar 210mm on DB pannel could it be change to a regular shutter?

Hi there
    I'm for a while looking for to buy a 210mm for my sinar 8x10, unfortunally they're very pricy lenses. I just found one modertly cheap but comes on DB panel . I was wondering if anyone new how easy would it be to chage the font and rare elements on to a regular copal 3 shutter? Will screw them just be enough?thanks

Re: Rodenstock Apo-sironar 210mm on DB pannel could it be change to a regular shutte

This is a great lens but you have to compair the buying price + the cost of mounting it into a Copal 3 against buying it already in a shutter.

Re: Rodenstock Apo-sironar 210mm on DB pannel could it be change to a regular shutte

Figure on around $300 to mount it on a Copal 3 plus the cost of the shutter. L

Yes, it's screws in without problem, sometimes there is a small spacer which comes with the lens, and it's a good idea to maintain the spacer in the new shutter. If the price is good and worth buying another lens only for the shutter, you can do it and sell later only the lens elements if you want, and the #3 DB panel also, separated or DB mounted,

Cheers,

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Figure on around $300 to mount it on a Copal 3 plus the cost of the shutter. L
    Or he could just buy a used Sinar shutter for $500.00.

Firs off, the 210 goes in a copal 1. Secondly, a sinar shutter will be of little use if he does not use a sinar camera... Anyway, it's a nice lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Or he could just buy a used Sinar shutter for $500.00.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinbatavia View Post
    Firs off, the 210 goes in a copal 1. Secondly, a sinar shutter will be of little use if he does not use a sinar camera... Anyway, it's a nice lens.
    APO Sironar fits Copal #3 or Compur #3 shutter. It actually the predecessor of Apo Sironar W with same optical design.

Haha wow, I stand corrected, never saw the rodenstock, was thinking symmar...