Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fujinon large format lens website update

Re: Fujinon large format lens website update

Could it be a common thing though? Like the people using AVG are the ones having problems? Or the people with a certain ISP company? Or people with a certain version of Windows? etc. Could be a common element?

All I know is it ALWAYS works on my MacBookPro and on my iPhone 5s and I always use Safari browser on both. I HAD AT&T as my ISP which got bought by Frontier (they are HORRIBLE) but I believe the base systems (portals?) are still technically AT&T based just with new ownership?

Anyway I suspect a common element, but you'd all have to get together and list all the stuff you're running and whatnot to see if it could be that.

I'm not a gamer but my friend once brought over his X-Box and it kept dropping signal randomly, we figured out that although my regular wifi router (in the basement) could handle it fine, I also have an AirPortExtreme that I use to extend the network and run some remote printers and external drives wirelessly, and one of the ports on that was one that Apple has auto-blocked and when the signal extended through the AirPortExtreme it would drop signal, so we just turned the AirPortExtreme off while he was over and it worked flawlessly after that.

I'm just saying it's possible there's a common user issue is all, yes I know you know more than me but it doesn't make sense that I never have issues ever if at the same moment I'm checking and I always have access when someone else doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    It has to do with the interaction of the DNS server and the end user (some of them). If it was a single issue with one person, yes, you'd be right. But it's not, it's multiple people across multiple computers across multiple browsers, including people who know a lot about computers (me, and I know Jac does too).

The failures shown in my post above occur with the three different browsers on my Mac Air, but my iPhone connects properly on the same wireless network at home.

It also fails on the Mac using telnet to port 80 from the command line. Nslookup fails as well unless I specifically use a different name server (one on Europe)!

Why the iPhone works is mystery.

I checked my hosts. File and it is clean.

Not sure it's your MAC. I can't connect on my PC.
    Thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    Not sure it's your MAC. I can't connect on my PC.
    I ran a full virus scan and it's okay, but I found a system file I cannot rationalize: "default_servers.db", and it is full of Russian sites! All references are to speedtest sites. I am suspicious. I think the file is a symbolic link.

EDIT: Nope, it is an OS X quarantined file. End of thread for me.

default_servers.db com.apple.quarantine

On my iPhone, it doesn't work. Will try tomorrow on my computers at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Thank you but I got the same failures as the other addresses. I finally used my iPhone to the website and mailed the graphic to myself. Something is very wrong with my Mac Air.
    Five years later and same happens to me: I can only access from the Iphone.

Very useful. Thanks xkaes!