Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fujinon large format lens website update

Re: Fujinon large format lens website update

I also get failures at all of the addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    The link worked perfectly for me.
    Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit
    Google Chrome browser

None of the links work for me. I get the same error in all three cases: "The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed."

Quote Originally Posted by Teodor Oprean View Post
    None of the links work for me. I get the same error in all three cases: "The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed."
    Something in the cyber field is messed up for sure.

It works fine for me and I'm on my iPhone.

OP, I would like to see some of the pamphlets and the image circle graph downloadable as a PDF.

All my LF documents are in PDF form, is it possible to make this happen? For that lens list catalogue (the first link) you would have to split that really long image into separate pages, but it shouldn't be too hard?

Navigating the pages as non-document images can also be tricky for many as screen size difference can do all sorts of wacky things.

But this is an excellent resource. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Something in the cyber field is messed up for sure.
    Jac (and others who can't view the page).

The site and all main links are now on the way back machine site... So if you can't access the main site for some reason (I suspect this is your internet service provider's issue not the OP's sites issue) then at least you can view it as it is today. Better than nothing...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...inon/index.htm

PS this isn't the first time it was archived so I'm just sharing alternative access.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    (I suspect this is your internet service provider's issue not the OP's sites issue)
    It's definitely something on the other end.

On various computers/browsers I have issues with the site, and have mentioned this a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now I'm on a University T1 line with no blockages and it doesn't work. At home it works sometimes, sometimes not.

There seems to be a persistent DNS failure by the hosting company. Here is the error message:

"The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

That last sentence is the important one. The internet/network here is fine.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

But I've literally gone to the site 100 times (yes I kept trying) all while people were posting that they had no access...

So it can't be on their end, it has to be something on yours, either the port that needs to be open to use it is locked or some other reason. Try turning off your antivirus software? It's probably something like that.

It doesn't make sense that it's on their end if various different setups are having trouble while at the same time others are always able to access it, all in the same timeframe, then it's something on the user's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    It's definitely something on the other end.

On various computers/browsers I have issues with the site, and have mentioned this a few times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now I'm on a University T1 line with no blockages and it doesn't work. At home it works sometimes, sometimes not.

There seems to be a persistent DNS failure by the hosting company. Here is the error message:

"The server at www.subclub.org can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

That last sentence is the important one. The internet/network here is fine.

It has to do with the interaction of the DNS server and the end user (some of them). If it was a single issue with one person, yes, you'd be right. But it's not, it's multiple people across multiple computers across multiple browsers, including people who know a lot about computers (me, and I know Jac does too).
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Just for kicks, try a different browser.