Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tri Color Gum over Pt. / Pd. Workshop

Tri Color Gum over Pt. / Pd. Workshop

The New England Large Format Photography Collective is sponsoring a Tri Color Gum over Platinum / Palladium Workshop on Sept. 26 & 27th in Rocky Hill, CT. Master printer Bob Carnie and his assistant will conduct the workshop. The workshop is Co-Sponsored with Bostick and Sullivan and because of their collaboration we are able to offer this Hands on Workshop beginning with Digital Negative separations thru the entire PT / PD and Color Gum over process for only $250.00.

For more specific information email steve@steve-sherman.com
    Last edited by Steve Sherman; 4-Aug-2015 at 20:23. Reason: Add a content

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Re: Tri Color Gum over Pt. / Pd. Workshop

This one's gonna be great!! Great opportunity to learn an absolutely amazing process from one of the best. Wish it wasn't 2000 miles away!

I'm in. Check on the way Steve.
    Tim

Want to keep this current as this is an extraordinary opportunity made possible by the generosity of Bostick and Sullivan and the New England Large Format Photography Collective. Pt. / Pd. chemicals are extremely expensive when spread among a dozen students. Bob Carnie is a personal friend of NELFPC nevertheless a world class talent.

The workshop will be split into 2 groups of six, one group making the Digital Negative separations from their personal files and the other group actually making the Pt. / Pd. prints in the wet side Darkroom in prep for the different Color Gum layers to be applied. The groups will alternate back and forth so that each student comes away with knowledge of the entire process and the potential of a finished Tri Color Gum print over Pt. / Pd. print.

Both the computer workspace and Darkroom wet side are in excess of 400 sq. ft so ample room to work is a luxury few workshops enjoy.

Contact steve@steve-sherman.com to reserve a space today. 3 spots remain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02992.jpg  

Zebra

Steve I am really looking forward to this. Not only do I get to hang with all my friends up at NELFP, getting a chance to learn from Bob will be special. Not that I like to admit this but he really is a genius when it comes to printing--in almost every discipline. Definitely the ones I'm drawn to anyway which I suppose makes me the lucky one. Can't wait. Thanks for putting this together and including me in it all.

Best

Monty

THX to all who inquired, the workshop is filled at a dozen students

Cheers

That's good news, Paulette and I are busy making sample prints, powerpoint and prepping, paper is being mounted to aluminum next week.. Looking forward to visiting my friends in Central Connecticut.

I have been assured Paul Paletti is not present so I am safe in the evening with his magical potents, damm him.

Bob

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Too bad this is being held on the opposite coast because I have been thinking of taking-up tri-color gum printing since spring and for a fee of $250 would have signed-up.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post

I have been assured Paul Paletti is not present so I am safe in the evening with his magical potents, damm him.

Bob
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    That's good news, Paulette and I are busy making sample prints, powerpoint and prepping, paper is being mounted to aluminum next week.. Looking forward to visiting my friends in Central Connecticut.

Bob
    Hell, I've looked all over for Dumante but apparently it is not distributed in the last three states I've lived, Colorado, North Carolina, and California...

---Michael