Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: dealing with medium format technical cameras here in the Forum

Re: dealing with medium format technical cameras here in the Forum

for me there is a clear line and that line is in how we use them. shooting multiply frames on a single film strip is one ball game and shooting sheet film, plates, papers... all different ballgame. i have 6x9, 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 view cameras and aside in film size i consider them same in nature. is shooting Linhof technika Master V 23 rally different form shooting Linhof technika Master V 45? not to me! in a same way as shooting Hasselblad and Nikon F2 are same to me. Yes film size has its calling but we cant say that shooting Hasselblad and shooting Tehnikardan 23 is the same thing! again IMHO 23 view cameras are compact LF and as such should be in a same basket as big relatives. 20 and some years ago, when i was in school, on of my professors didnt want to accept some work i shoot on 6x17, his explanation was: this is a LF shot on roll film! i event showed him Linhof 617, explained that its not a view camera but simple point and shoot of a sort... nop for him that was LF!

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I have mentioned that many times in the past. "Large" is an ambiguous term, always has been and always will be. "View Camera" is clearly defined. What I will never understand is why, with all the digital crap on the internet, do people want to come here and discuss it in a forum based entirely around film cameras.
    There are many large-format cameras that are not view cameras. I've already described one such, but there are many others.

Rick "we've been down this road before" Denney

Okay, everyone has had their say, but there will be no changes to this forum definition. We consider such changes every half-decade or so (part of moderating moderately), and the current one is not even a year in place.

Rick "respectfully closed" Denney