Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Satin Snow gone away?

Re: Has Satin Snow gone away?

I am probably their last customer, I prepaid on 4 glasses when they announced they were wrapping it up. They were not eager for the final order but took it. Then I waited and waited and finally bugged them (which I said I would not do...) and they had forgotten about it, but did ship them, two of which fit. Oh well. It was a very good product. My understanding was that he gave it up due to back pain, I have never heard of anything more serious than that. I'd forgotten all about the tobacco odor.

I didn't understand why they wouldn't sell the company and whatever their process was, but they didn't.

Dave Karp

He did a nice job on a 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch GG for me also. After he folded up his business I have bought some GGs from Steve Hopf, who also does a very nice job.

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0

The last post that I read, which seems to have disappeared and maybe rightfully so, if I recall correctly, said something about his BIL murdering his sister?? There were other problems also, and as others have said I seem to recall that they had to do with health, but the death was the final straw. Dave made me a glass for my Ansco 8x10, and it worked very nicely. Having said that, it did not come with the corners clipped so I did that myself, and while I was waiting for Dave's glass to arrive, I took a chunk of glass out to the shop and sprayed it with some 80 grit blasting media. That also worked a treat, and I would have stayed with it if Dave's hadn't arrived.

Dave was far more than a GG manufacturer. He was a nice guy who was honest, sincere, friendly and knowledgeable. I wish he was still around... (on the forums. I am hoping he's "still around"!)

funkadelic

Why are some usernames in italics. I've noticed but have not been able to find an answer (maybe i'm searching for the wrong combo of words) via the search tool.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Why are some usernames in italics. I've noticed but have not been able to find an answer (maybe i'm searching for the wrong combo of words) via the search tool.
    I'm not sure. I see that Dave Parker is no longer in the Member List, so perhaps it's a marker for that. Perhaps Tom will know.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Interesting theory, Oren... but wouldn't Frank P and Jorge G be italicized also? I think it is safe to assume that they are both no longer in the Member List. Or am I mistaken? But no matter... it was interesting to see their names again. Interesting memories.

What happened to Frank Petronio? He was such an active member.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I think he wore out his welcome. I can't recall if he left or was asked to leave. But it probably doesn't matter - old news. I'm surprised you missed that event. What a character he was!