Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital hate overmoderating?

Re: Digital hate overmoderating?

I get the impression that film, digital and hybrid matters rub along just fine here, without detriment to any members' interests.
    There's the occasional bout of antidigital ranting from the odd bod, but it soon gets squashed and dies away.
    Just a personal impression, of course

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    I don't think digital photographers should be allowed to marry. It's just not natural, and not what the Bible intended.
    Yeah! We need our own flag, too! A large one!
    --
    Retsy Boss

Remember - here you can freely discuss a 6x7 roll film back on a LF camera but don't dare to discuss a LF camera digital back on this forum! Wait until the digital sensor will grow to at least 4x5 in. In the meantime discuss freely your 6x7 cm analogue capture device!

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    The issue is not the mode (digital) but the size (medium format). The Sinar 54H sensor is 49x37mm, and since September of 2014, this has been in the guidelines:

"The purpose of the forum is to provide a place for discussion of topics of particular interest to large format photographers. We especially encourage questions which will help build a repository of knowledge about the tools and techniques of large format photography. Commonly accepted definitions base large format photography on 4"x5" and larger sheet film, regardless of the style of camera being used. This is the definition we will use. We would also consider a digital back with a nominal sensor size of 4"x5" or larger to be LF, as well, regardless of technology."
    I must have missed that. So a thread about using MF roll film in a roll film holder on a 4x5 camera needs to go int he lounge now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
    I must have missed that. So a thread about using MF roll film in a roll film holder on a 4x5 camera needs to go int he lounge now too?
    What a subversive post you have written! Please, rethink it again.

If I make a custom 8x10 back to mount on my Mamiya TLR, is it large format or medium format. I mean, this is confusing. The film is large, but the camera is medium. That's sort of the same if the film is medium and the camera is large.

Isn't it?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Is a Nikon F with a Speed Magny back for 4x5 Polaroid sheet film a suitable topic for this site?

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    It's against the ethos of this Forum to make disparaging remarks about other Forums.

This Forum is for the discussion of Large Format photography, APUG for film based photography and darkroom printing, that doesn't mean this Forum "Hates" Medium and 35mm formats, or that APUG "Hates" Digital, it's just they aren't the focus and purpose of these forums so threads get moved or deleted.
    Thanks, Ian - this is exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    This is correct.
    Then why is the thread MPP 6X7 Roll Film Back in the camera& camera accessories subforum? Not to speak about so many other threads discussing MF rollfilm backs out of the Lounge?