Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problem mounting Copal 3 lens on Linhof Technika lensboard

Re: Problem mounting Copal 3 lens on Linhof Technika lensboard

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    If everything else is correct, but it just seems as if the lensboard is too thin, simply make a spacer ring out of plastic, Masonite, whatever, as long as it's the right thickness, and install it. I like to install spacers between the shutter and the board, not between the ring nut and the board, since it spaces the shutter away from the board a bit and gives it a bit of breathing room. Remember, it's not rocket science, just make it work somehow.

Also, make sure you're installing the retaining ring correctly. Many have a small lip that fits inside the hole and protects the threads on the shutter barrel.

And you should know that getting an extended lensboard won't necessarily solve your problem. It seems to me that the thickness of the board itself is your problem; an extended board is used to gain extra bellows extension or to space the lens away from the front standard when there's a collision. They aren't necessarily any thicker.

Best,

Doremus

I know the thickness of the board is what is causing me to have problems but I was wondering if I would be able to have a quick fix by just purchasing an extended lensboard to act in place of a spacer?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Metcalf View Post
    Don't recognize the jam nut on the artar lens, but I think the jam nut on the fujinon is upside down (backwards). The flat surface should go against the lens board, and yes a spanner wrench helps tremendously with these jam nuts.
    BTW, nice lenses. Are you using these on 4x5? You'll be able to use every inch of rise and shift and full tilts with those lenses!

For the Fujinon lens - I flipped it so the flat side is facing the lensboard but now that makes it so I can't use a spanner wrench to tighten it down. but the lens is on there snug now

Thanks lol...I'm using these on 8x10 and 4x5. My 8x10 is getting some work done right now though so I'm trying to hurry and get all my lenses onto Linhof lensboards so I can shoot 4x5...I'm also trying to hurry because I might be joining a few people camping next week and I'd love to bring a LF camera with me.

glad you seem to have got the Fuji sorted

I don't think an extension board will do anything for you [unless the bulk of the rear element is stopping movements in which case you "might" get a little more wiggle room if the extension is long enough]

You should still be able to get enough bite in the slots on the jam nut even with it up against the board, doesn't take much past what you get from hand tightening, just a fraction of a degree will really provide holding power. Just go slow and give a measured amount of force so as not to have the spanner wrench slip and gouge the board or anything else. Have fun on the camping trip.
    The only trouble with doin' nothing is you can't tell when you get caught up