Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Madness of the Condenser Lenses above the Negatives on Durst l1200

The Madness of the Condenser Lenses above the Negatives on Durst l1200

i Just set up my Durst l1200 and confused on the Placement of the 151/152 condenser Lens setup for 4/5 or 6/7. I had read with the condenser set-up you need a 135 lens for both these two negative sizes. On my Beseler 45 mx I use a 105 for 6/7 80 for 6/6 and so on. I also have a condenser lens 80, I'm assuming that's for 6x6 format. But nowhere can I find placement of of the 151/152 which is bottom or top? Help... Hopefully this thread makes sense. Any advice. Thanks David

The Madness of the Condenser Lenses above the Negatives on Durst l1200

David, your post is a little jumbled.

You can always use a longer FL lens provided you have the enlarger height available. But in general...

50mm-65mm for 35mm
    75mm-105mm for 120 (6x7, 6x6, 645)
    135mm-150mm 4x5
    210mm 5x7
    240mm-300mm 8x10

Does that help?

An 80mm will work for 6x7 and 6x6 you don't really need to switch between the 105 and 80mm you can just use one 80mm for all your medium format work.

As far as condenser placement, again in general (usually) the lower placement (closer to lens) is the smaller format and the higher placement of the condenser is for larger formats.

Re: The Madness of the Condenser Lenses above the Negatives on Durst l1200

Basically I was Confused on placement of Condenser lenses. I have A 151-152-80. How does one Place them for the Different Formats.

Quote Originally Posted by David Ventura View Post
    Basically I was Confused on placement of Condenser lenses. I have A 151-152-80. How does one Place them for the Different Formats.
    Will have to defer to someone else, I've only used Omega condensers and Saltzman condensers, both only have 1 condenser that you move the placement of the condenser in the case of the omega, and the light spruce in the case of the Saltzman, they don't have different condensers, so I have no idea what an 80 condenser vs a 151 condenser vs a 152 condenser is.

I think posting pictures would help.

All the charts I have seen show the 152 on top for 4x5" The 80mm is for medium format, I think you can ask about that in the Lounge.

One person told Me I needed to face curved together for 6x7to 4x5. With only using 150 lens... Didn't make sense to me so I'm here figured one person knows this enlarger well

Quote Originally Posted by David Ventura View Post
    One person told Me I needed to face curved together for 6x7to 4x5. With only using 150 lens... Didn't make sense to me so I'm here figured one person knows this enlarger well
    Yes curved part should face each other and flat parts should face outward toward the lens and toward the light source.

This might be why you're having trouble, you didn't listen to instructions

+1, curves always face each other.

Oh I Listened but when you set the condenser lenses atop each other one of the condenser looks to be upside down... With the Italian Precision this was built. Why when you put these lenses together on one the Print is Upside down... I guess my eyes aren't listening����... So what we are saying is you don't move the condenser lenses from 6x7 and Above?