Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duoscan T1200... my hunt for the first scan...

Re: Duoscan T1200... my hunt for the first scan...

Jon

If your laptop has a firewire port, you can get a firewire to SCSI converter which seems pretty stable. I actually run my drum scanner through one of these and it seems to do the trick just fine. I had one of those scanners and they do a decent job. I had better success with Vuescan than the proprietary Agfa software. If I can help at all, drop me an email and we can chat...

how connect the scanner

I see the last post from 2006 but I hope to see someone passing here. If not, I will put a new thread about.

I recently received a Duoscan T 1200 with a lot of cables but I don´t have any user book or other material could help me connect the scanner to my computer. I´m using a PC with Windows XP.

I was looking for a PDF user manual but I don´t meet anything. Can you help me with some advices? I´ve downloaded the driver, I´ve installed it, I´ve connected the cable from the attachement but the program tell me that the scanner is not connected.
    Is another cable that I should connect between the scanner and computer or my computer don´t have the SCSI?

I attach photos with the connections from the backside of the scanner and computer, the symbols of each one and the cable I´ve used.

Someone could show me a 4x5 scan with this scanner in maximum resolution? It´s worth to buy some connect accesory and use this scanner?

Could I print a 30x40 copy of a 4x5 scan without interpolate the archive?

Lot of thanks to all.
    Philippians 4:8

Peter

From looking at your pictures, there are two possible explanations for the scanner not working. The scsi id might be set on the wrong number. See the user manual for the correct choice. Also, you might need a terminator on the scsi cable.
    Here is a link to the manual.
    http://static.agfa.com/digicam_scann...9-07-30_en.pdf

Peter

I´m very gratefull, your link is great. I´ll read it.

best wishes and great weekend.
    Philippians 4:8

It looks like your computer has no firewire or SCSI port.

The printer port is not compatible with SCSI.

You might find a SCSI to Firewire adapter, and a Firewire interface card for your computer. Or you might find an old computer that has SCSI to use just for scanning.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Olivet View Post
    Yesterday, I become a member of the Agfa T1200 club. I still await shipping. There is a little gadget made by a company called Ratoc Systems which will connect a SCSI to a firewire port. Forget USB, it is too slow. This little gadget is about $90, not exactly cheap but is the only way too hook it up to my Imac. Scanner and adaptor came up to the whooping sum of $200. I have a feeling this scanner should last me some time and since my negs ar 8x10, I think the low resolution is plenty for my needs. Will see!
    I know we're more than 1 years since this message was posted, but I've not tossed out my old Duoscan T1200 in hopes it might still be able to be hooked up to new MacOS X 9+ operating systems. Is the Ultra SCSI-FW Ratoc worth buying still to get my $1K scanner working again? Does the Agfa Fotolook for mac load or is there a modern app that will? I've read that Vuescan might work. What about Agfa's ColorTune Display 10.5?

Is the SCSI post able to power the Ratoc or is the FW400 (if it's connected to a FW800 port?

TIA

I would get an old pc, an Adaptec SCSI card and run Windows (any old version) and try VueScan

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    I would get an old pc, an Adaptec SCSI card and run Windows (any old version) and try VueScan
    This is what I did, although I'm still using the Agfa software. Works a treat!
    --
    Nanette Reid
    nanette reid - architectural photographer
    http://www.nanettereid.com

I still have one of these basically new-in-box (T1200) if anyone is in the market for a spare one. WOrked great last time I used it (Mac OS 8.6 probably, on a native powermac with scsi)