Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need an answer from a Century expert

Richard Browne

Re: I need an answer from a Century expert

Thanks Peter and all for the work you've done to get me answers. It's opened up several possibilities. i'm learning a lot. I've posted a want ad and will check some other sources as well. I may contact Richard Ritter and see what his time frame is like. I'm stuck with this large studio forma because I want to use a lens that weighs 14 pounds and so i pretty much have to do what it takes to get a back

It's no problem. If you need any specific measurements, let me know. I just installed a new bellows (from Custom Bellows) on mine yesterday. That sounds like quite a lens. What one is it?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I got a pile of odds and ends with my Century no.4, I'll see what I have left and get some pictures of some of the odds and ends. If I'm not mistaken, there's most of a century to 2d type back adapter as well.

Richard Browne

Peter, the lens is a Bausch and Lomb Portrait Series A f4. When I bought it I kind of put the cart before the horse. It would have been better to have an 8x10 film back first.

Erie, anything you come up with would be great. I'll be glad to reimburse for whatever you think might work.

Another option is a Burke and James Rembrandt. I have one with the normal 9" lensboard and 8x10 groundglass back.

For some reason Bartles and James comes to mind when I say or read Burke and James; and it's not a good association. It's a pretty vile beverage that had real good marketing a generation ago.