Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up a De Vere 5108

Re: Picking up a De Vere 5108

Thanks, but I seldom print anything harder than a Grade 3. My negatives are developed to typically print on Gr 2 paper.

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    I have the same colour head on mine but it has a relay unit attached to the side that allows the fans to remain running for an adjustable time after the exposure or when it's been on for focussing etc. Ian
    Ian, was that a DeVere part or an add-on? Can you send a photo or some info on it?

Picking up a De Vere 5108

Yeah, the timer is great for my 35mm street work where I can't control contrast of each shot.
    Last edited by Larry Kellogg; 3-May-2015 at 15:26.

Larry, can you post some photos of the new L-138 head? Would be curious to see how it works. L

Hello Luis,
    I created a new thread with some pictures of my setup. Enjoy!

Here's a picture of the beast right before it was dismantled into 3 pieces so it would fit in the mini-van. Thanks for all the suggestions from folks on how to take it apart. It was owned by a photo studio who bought it new for their own use, so it's a one owner machine and never seen commercial work. Looks brand new! It's one of the later models with the black colored head and stabilizer. Went ahead and also bought the 300 Apo-Rodagon that was on it, mostly for the lens mount. Boy that's one heavy lens! If I can't mount my 240 Rodagon, then I'll remount it on the 300 board. I'm having an adapter made to mount Durst Lapla boards on the DeVere board. Also have 5 board for the DeVere; 2 of them recessed for the shorter lenses.

Have made it back to Atlanta from Richmond today, will drive home tomorrow, then unload on Sunday and then see when I get the energy to dismantle the SM-183 and put the 5108 in it's place. I'm going to set it up in the garage first, to make sure everything works before I go through the effort of setting it up in the darkroom. I'll store the Durst for a while and decide at some future point if I want to keep both or not! I've got so much Durst stuff, it would be a pain to piece it out. L

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1983.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	133568

lucky, lucky man. That's the enlarger I want in my own darkroom one day . But for now, not enough space

Picking up a De Vere 5108

Sweet! Congratulations!

That thing is in pristine condition. What a great find.

The timer on my mentor's enlarger is messed up, here is a picture of it, which is why I bought a power cable from Secondhand Darkroom to connect the power supply on the 5108 to an RH Designs timer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431141544.273679.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	133570

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Ian, was that a DeVere part or an add-on? Can you send a photo or some info on it?
    I'd guess the relay was added after, it's an RS Components 240V 0.2 sec - 20 second Time Delay relay. RS are the largest supplier of electronic parts etc in the UK but this relay is probably 20+ years old and no longer listed.. It has 4 wire into the enlarger but I've not opened up the head to see how it's wired up. The UK heads are 240V and use 2 pairs of 120V bulbs in series you'd presumably need a 120v time delay relay.

Ian

Larry, I have a couple spare De Vere timers if you need one. However, the RH Designs ones are much better!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know