Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technika adapter for Canham Wood 5x7/4x5

Technika adapter for Canham Wood 5x7/4x5

Hi,

Does anybody have experience with the various adapters that might work to mount Techinka type boards on a wood Canham 4x5?

I know Keith Canham makes one, so I should probably just get that, but wondering if there are others here have found to work.

thanks!
    --mike

Re: Technika adapter for Canham Wood 5x7/4x5

ebay
    toyo field camera boards are the same size as canhams as far as I know.

I use the Toyo adapter on my Canham.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nika_type.html
    Compare prices.

Now I used a Toyo adapter (not sure if it is the same as Victor mentions) and it did not work, however it was 15 years ago and don't remember exactly what the problem was. Maybe something about the raised ends of the sliding locks on the Canham being too thick?

I owned a Canham 5x12 - which shares the same front standard as the 4x5/5x7 model - for a while, and I also had the Technika "adapter" offered by Canham. I put that in quotes because it was different from the usual adapter lensboards - it wasn't actually a board with it's own retaining slider, just a sort of frame that sat within the front standard and positioned a Technika board so that it could be retained by the existing slider on the camera.

My recollection is that at the time I also had a Toyo-field-to-Technika adapter board that didn't fit, but it's been long enough that I don't remember what the problem was. But I think the bottom line is that you can't assume an adapter based on a Toyo field-standard board will necessarily fit.

Given the ambiguity here, it might be worth a call to Keith Canham to get a definitive answer.

Just to confirm, I have two of the 110x110mm Toyo to Linhof adapters and they both work fine on my 5x7 wood Canham. There may have been some change made by Keith to accommodate the Toyo adapter.

Why not contact Keith and ask him? He has always been excellent with customer service.

Photographer

Here's a Toyo to Linhof adapter from Ebay seller jinfinance. I've bought a number of items from him (not one of these, however) and everything has been first quality.
    Keith Pitman

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Why not contact Keith and ask him? He has always been excellent with customer service.
    Maybe he doesn't feel a lens board adapter is worth $$$. After all, it's a square piece of metal with a hole in it

If you want to use Technika mounted lenses on the Canham, just get Keith's adapter for $161.00. That's less than the Technika-to-Toyo adapter from B&H, and its made by Keith. I have one and it works just fine.