Thread: Introduction to Large Format Photography Workshop: Jan 8-10, 2016 - Death Valley NP

Michael E. Gordon

Introduction to Large Format Photography Workshop: Jan 8-10, 2016 - Death Valley NP

Death Valley NP, California - Limited to only six photographers. At the completion of this intensive 2.5 day workshop, you will be able to efficiently and confidently compose, focus, meter, and expose your own large format photographs. I've been now teaching this workshop twice a year for approximately ten years and have helped scores of photographers find their way with this format which provides challenges for beginners. This workshop is backed by Chamonix View Camera, and one or more Chamonix's will be available. Click here for more information and to register. Thanks for your interest!

"Michael's Introduction to Large Format Photography workshop is more than just about learning camera movements. While his instruction is superb and his practical approach is easy to understand and demystifies the the use of the view camera, it is the passion he brings to the craft, and the environment in which he works, that inspires one to pursue the art of photography... His knowledge of the land and geology is impressive and he instinctively knows where to go, even in morning darkness, to position us for first morning's light and the grandeur to follow. I highly recommend this workshop to anyone who wants to immerse themselves in large format photography and increase their visual awareness."

Re: Introduction to Large Format Photography Workshop: Jan 8-10, 2016 - Death Valley

Michael is a great guy and very patient.

Re: Introduction to Large Format Photography Workshop: Jan 8-10, 2016 - Death Valley

I took this in 2014 and found Michael to be an excellent, knowledgeable instructor as well as a great guy. It was also my first trip to DV and I fell in love with it (as little of it as I experienced). This workshop really improved my skills and self confidence with my 4x5.
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.