Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Would This Virtual View Camera App Idea Interest Anyone?

Re: Would This Virtual View Camera App Idea Interest Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Delfi_r View Post
    This app exists, and for every camera/lens combination http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/ There is a stripped version too in the App Store.

The iPhone itself is enough for a 55º horizontal lens and down. You can use it with a WA converter when you need more (up to 100º). It's cumbersome, I agree, but sometimes less than any of the alternatives (my Linhof viewfinder goes only up to 62º)
    I don't see options for large format framing, can you confirm it will do 8x10, 11x14, 12x20, 14x17, 4x5, 4x10 and 6x12 framing for FL's of 90mm-600mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Delfi_r View Post
    This app exists, and for every camera/lens combination http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/ There is a stripped version too in the App Store.
    A little expensive, at least in relation to what we have come to expect, but it is just what I was hoping for. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't see options for large format framing, can you confirm it will do 8x10, 11x14, 12x20, 14x17, 4x5, 4x10 and 6x12 framing for FL's of 90mm-600mm?
    Stone, it will certainly accommodate 4x5 and, in theory, lenses from 28mm to 1100mm, although lenses less than 115mm require a wide angle adapter. Beyond that you may need to rtfm.

As Paul said, you can define any combination of camera, frames and lenses. Up to 500 cameras their lenses (insane) There are provisionss for standard frames but you can define that 5x7 is different than 13x18 and not the external dimensions but the real taking view, as the app is able to provide differences in 'full frame' camera sensors and same focal lenses (for some brands).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cunningham View Post
    A little expensive, at least in relation to what we have come to expect, but it is just what I was hoping for. Thanks!
    Yes is expensive, but yo have something that puts most viewfinders in the basket or at home. It was intended for the Alpa cameras, and a old iPhone 4 more the app price it's less expensive than the beautiful 120º viewer of their catalogue. I have the Alpa WideAngle attachment and for 5x7" you have enough to 72 mm, wider for 4x5".

As Paul said, you can define any combination of camera, frames and lenses. Up to 500 cameras their lenses (insane) There are provisionss for standard frames but you can define that 5x7 is different than 13x18 and not the external dimensions but the real taking view, as the app is able to provide differences in 'full frame' camera sensors and same focal lenses (for some brands).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cunningham View Post
    Yes is expensive, but yo have something that puts most viewfinders in the basket or at home. It was intended for the Alpa cameras, and a old iPhone 4 more the app price it's less expensive than the beautiful 120º viewer of their catalogue. I have the Alpa WideAngle attachment and for 5x7" you have enough to 72 mm, wider for 4x5".

And for the proposal I'm in!