Thread: Schematic for Durst 1840 enlarger ?

Schematic for Durst 1840 enlarger ?

I had a recent problem with my enlarger. All of a sudden I smelled a burned smell coming from the cls 1840 power supply or the 1000n lamp supply. I took the covers off an inspected the circuitry to figure out where there was a burned component, etc. I eventually found the large power transformer had a bad connection from the transformer winding to the ac input power lug. It apparently was a bad solder joint causing an arcing. I fixed this problem by cleaning the transformer wires, wrapping them with wire and soldering them directly to the spade lug. I then looked over all the boards and circuitry with a infrared temperature meter and found two hot lugs on the circuit board in the 1000N lamp supply. The rear top end of the board has two .05 ohm resistors connected to two spade lugs. The end of the board was discolored and the rear lug was getting very hot. I replaced the lug connectors, clean the lugs and now they are cool when the lamp is turned on. I replaced several other spade lug connectors that looked poor, also. Every thing works well and no burned smell after leaving the lamp on for several minutes. I now wonder if any one has a schematic for the CLS 1840 main power unit and the 1000N lamp unit. I have had the enlarger for about 10 years and this is the first time I have had any problem and want to use it for many more years. It is a great enlarger for my 8 x 10 negatives.
    Please let me know if you have a schematic even if it is not in english.
    Jim

Photographer

Re: Schematic for Durst 1840 enlarger ?

Keith Pitman