Thread: Wista 6x9 Roll Film Adapter (for the sliding back).

Wista 6x9 Roll Film Adapter (for the sliding back).

Dear members,

My first post, sorry it's a question.

For the first time I developed 120 film shot with my Wista SP, sliding adapter and Wista roll film holder. Something in the process went wrong. Because on my negative I see some frame overlapping and one seems to be a double exposure.

Now what I know is when I loading my film in the holder the arrow must be above a plastic triangle before you close it down and turn the big lever till you see the number 1. After each shot you have to turn the lever two times before shooting the next frame. (so I can shoot 8 6x9 frames on a 120 roll, right?)

Now there is a second small lever. A very tiny one on the front of the roll film holder with a small arrow pointing to the left. It seems I can switch it anytime to the left and right, but I don't hear any mechanical sound or see something changing. I don't have any clue what the function is? Somebody who can explain it to me what it is for and when I should push it to the left or right?

Regards,

Victor

Re: Wista 6x9 Roll Film Adapter (for the sliding back).

If the holder is functioning properly, you crank the advance lever until it locks, at which point the film is positioned for the next frame. After you make the exposure, the smaller lever is moved in order to unlock the advance lever and allow the cycle to be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    If the holder is functioning properly, you crank the advance lever until it locks, at which point the film is positioned for the next frame. After you make the exposure, the smaller lever is moved in order to unlock the advance lever and allow the cycle to be repeated.
    Thank you!

So if I understand this correct.

I load the film in the holder and crank the advance lever until the arrow of the film is pointing to the plastic mark and then I closed it up and crank the lever till the number '1' comes up or should the lever locks ( I don't have a idea if the lever is on lock, because I didn't try to crank the lever after the number '1' comes up)?

So the second step is when I shot the first frame, I crank the lever until it's lock and after that I unlock the lever by the small one and crank the lever again till it's lock for the next frame.

When you're loading it, after you line up the arrow and close the cover, you should crank the advance until it stops. If the mechanism is working properly, the frame counter should show "1" at this point. Then, for each exposure, you cycle it as we've been discussing.

Also: welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    When you're loading it, after you line up the arrow and close the cover, you should crank the advance until it stops. If the mechanism is working properly, the frame counter should show "1" at this point. Then, for each exposure, you cycle it as we've been discussing.

Also: welcome to the forum!
    Thank you for making it so clear!

I think my Wista 6x9 roll film holder doesn't work properly. With the film loaded en setting the arrow on the mark and putting it in the holder, I could crank the lever till the end of frame 8 without stopping or automatically locking.

Could I have problems if I still use it ?

Quote Originally Posted by victor0910 View Post
    Could I have problems if I still use it ?
    Well, you could end up with...

Quote Originally Posted by victor0910 View Post
    ...on my negative I see some frame overlapping and one seems to be a double exposure.
    Counting lever actions isn't necessarily going to be reliable. The amount of lever-turning needed to advance one frame changes as the film moves from one spool to the other and the take-up spool becomes thicker.

Yes you right!

But if I crank the lever 2,3 or 2.5 times I hear a loud clicking sound and the counting number is in the middle. I did some tests loading the film without the dark slide and put some marks on the film, then turning 2,3/2,5 and hearing that clicking sound (which I actually think it should lock the lever) and everything seems ok.

Im just worrying it causes some sharpness issues.