Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beseler 8x10 Conversion Kit made to order or Beseler 810 Kit

Beseler 8x10 Conversion Kit made to order or Beseler 810 Kit

Will the Beseler 8x10 Kit allow for the fitting of an Aristo T12 Cold light head? If not, does anyone know who will or can make an 8x10 enlarging box to fit a Beseler 45V-XL enlarger, with an Aristo T12 (12x12)? I would also need an 8x10 anti-newton glass negative carrier, and a negative carrier board for a Componon 360mm lens. I would like to be able to fit filters above lens. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Luther

Re: Beseler 8x10 Conversion Kit made to order or Beseler 810 Kit

Luther, that 360 might be a bit too long for this setup, unless you plan to make smallish prints. You may want to look for a 300, or even a 240mm lens as a more practical alternative, given the limitations of the vertical rise of this setup.

A guy called Apogeebee on the Bay may be able to help you. He sells converters for the V-XL so that it can take heavy Chromega heads etc. I'm setting up my V-XL with the Beseler 810 head in the next two weeks. If you give me the dimensions of your Aristo T12 I can see if they match the Beseler version. I think Aristo made both and I suspect it will fit fine.

If I remember well I saw some pictures of the Aristo 1212 on the Beseler Conversion kit.
    Both lamps, 1212 and T12 have the same size 11 7/8 square but the T12 have more output with a 17 lines grid compared to the 15 lines for the 1212.
    Actually the V54 replacement grid is available for the T12 but not for the 1212.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Luther, that 360 might be a bit too long for this setup, unless you plan to make smallish prints.
    No, that lens is too long unless he is making huge mural enlargements. The bellows draw for a 'small' 1:1 print with that lens will be 28".

Not referring to 1:1, but more concerned by the 45VXL's fixed column length, ceiling height, and assumption of a fixed bench height of 30 to 36 inches. Given these limitations, Luther might find a shorter FL (300 or even 240) to be far more usable, at least in terms the range of print sizes possible from this setup. My previous vertical setup (now building a horizontal), albeit homemade, was similar in terms of constraints (8' ceiling, 3' bench height), and for this I found my 240mm Rodagon to represent a workable solution.

Sounds like it's time for a 240 Rodagon to me. L

Beseler 8x10 Conversion Kit made to order or Beseler 810 Kit

The 240 Rodagon will fit on a Beseler board and mount on a 45 V-XL if you grind out a corner of the bottom bellow plate.

The 300 Rodagon may fit but I'm having trouble getting it to mount!

For a more compact 240 - find a "Beseler-HD" 240 f/9 enlarging lens. I believe this was made by Rodenstock. I owned one of these awhile back and it was a very decent performer if you don't mind the small maximum aperture.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    For a more compact 240 - find a "Beseler-HD" 240 f/9 enlarging lens. I believe this was made by Rodenstock. I owned one of these awhile back and it was a very decent performer if you don't mind the small maximum aperture.
    I have one too - very small - but many say it's a poor performer.... I will have to see. Probably will sell it soon anyway since I have the Rodagon.