Re: New film from Begger! BERGGER Pancro 400

A search on Flickr turned up this:

https://flic.kr/p/RZBKFi

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    A search on Flickr turned up this:

https://flic.kr/p/RZBKFi
    thanks, I did check some work over at flickr but the results seemed to vary widely. Some frames are amazing others look like xray film

I like the tones and resolution of those bridge shots, they came out really well. I like the look of the film. Can you say what you used as a developer etc etc?

I like the tones and resolution of those bridge shots, they came out really well. I like the look of the film. Can you say what you used as a developer etc etc?

As Fred Picker used to write, "TRY IT". The only way to know for sure. If it's hard to find, or too expensive, then there's your answer; and you can go make pictures with whatever film you use now. I personally will guarantee that it's no magic bullet, because there is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Normandale View Post
    Thanks, I rated the film at 320iso, processed at Dodge-Chrome Imaging, dip and dunk machine 8.5 minutes (i think, will have to check my notes), Ilford chemistry I believe. The image with leaves in it was taken over the summer on a sunny day with a Kodak Ektar 12inch lens with a red filter. The more recent (with no leaves on the trees) was shot with a 305mm G-Claron on a cloudy day with no filter. The film was scanned on a iQsmart 3 not wet mounted though.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    As Fred Picker used to write, "TRY IT". The only way to know for sure. If it's hard to find, or too expensive, then there's your answer; and you can go make pictures with whatever film you use now. I personally will guarantee that it's no magic bullet, because there is no such thing.
    sage advice.

Quote Originally Posted by profvandegraf View Post
    Thanks, I rated the film at 320iso, processed at Dodge-Chrome Imaging, dip and dunk machine 8.5 minutes (i think, will have to check my notes), Ilford chemistry I believe. The image with leaves in it was taken over the summer on a sunny day with a Kodak Ektar 12inch lens with a red filter. The more recent (with no leaves on the trees) was shot with a 305mm G-Claron on a cloudy day with no filter. The film was scanned on a iQsmart 3 not wet mounted though.

T
    Thanks, appreciated!

Ok, I have some problems to report with Pancro 400. I shot a box of 4x5" no problem. Recently, I purchased a box of 25 5x7" film and it appears about 6-7 within the batch were bad. There seems to be some kind of emulsion banding along the vertical dimension.

The first part of the box was shot and developed by me in Pyrocat MC, no problem. Then, I sent the last 12 sheets, all shot on the same day with the same camera and lens, to Dr5 to try their positive development. They developed 5 of the 12 and reported the problem of banding on the images, with varying intensity. They shipped those sheets back, along with the 7 undeveloped sheets. So, I developed those seven and 2 have the obvious banding, the other five don't.

After discussing lots of theories with the people at Dr5, we are guessing bad emulsion on some of the sheets in this box. Pretty much have ruled out the development processes, film holders, lens/camera and anything else in the shooting process. It could also be some sort of x-ray patterning, though that would have to have been through the USPS, and only about half of the 12 sheets show it.

What's going on? I feel I should ask Bergger for a replacement box and try again.

Not posting the images here directly (they are nudes) but here is the dropbox folder. 6 of the ones I developed with pyrocat are there, and I just scanned one of the Dr5 images. So, the Dr5 image is labeled as such; the #4 Pyro one is the one with banding. The banding is more obvious on the Dr5 due to the enhanced qualities of the positive process.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fwitvgwt...gBl94Sapa?dl=0

What do you think?
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...