Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Whats the verdict on Adobe CC?

Re: Whats the verdict on Adobe CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Lenny, some of PS now uses late model GPUs for certain options.

I wonder how some of us with older systems could benefit?
    Any idea?

Thanks.
    Jac,

I wish I had an answer for you.... I'm using a Mac Intel Pro from mid 2010 (one of the later cheese graters). 24 Gigs RAM

Don't know if that helps you...

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

I think Jac is referring to the graphics processor. I've just signed up for a CC subscription and am on a steep learning curve with it. One of the things I discovered is that for these programs my graphics processor is limited. I have a Mac mini with a lower end AMD Radeon graphics card, which apparently limits some of the things that can be done, like 3D rendering. Fortunately I can live with that. I think Jac is suggesting a graphics card update may solve your problems.

There are many better and simpler alternatives. Affinity that was mentioned before or Luminar. So my verdict is that it'll become a museum exhibit in the nearest future.

It's terrific. It's the most used post production software for commercial work. It's incredibly powerful, and there are tons of great tutorials online.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I find it terrific as well.. use it every day.

I have also been looking at the On1 product line.

FYI, they have a free 30 day evaluation available that does not put any kind of watermark on the image you edit.

The other problem, and the other reason I moved from LR/PS 6 to LR/PS CC, is that the older versions are incompatible with the newer camera RAW image files. You can use DNG Converter or a third party program to open newer files and save them as DNG files, but it is an extra time consuming step. For $10/month (two coffees) it is acceptable, though I still bristle and the subscription model.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kirsten View Post
    I think Jac is referring to the graphics processor. I've just signed up for a CC subscription and am on a steep learning curve with it. One of the things I discovered is that for these programs my graphics processor is limited. I have a Mac mini with a lower end AMD Radeon graphics card, which apparently limits some of the things that can be done, like 3D rendering. Fortunately I can live with that. I think Jac is suggesting a graphics card update may solve your problems.
    I am running a 2011 Mac Mini with a 27" Thunderbolt display. Speed is fine, and I haven't found anything I can't do with my images. I am not sure how or why I would use 3D rendering on my photos.

Preston Birdwell

Here is some info from Adobe on GPU and Photo Shop CC 2017 that may be of help.
    --P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Even at $49.99 a month for the entire suite is a bargain. I use Ps, Illustrator, Premiere, Audition, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, and Bridge all on a regular basis. For those who still *hate* renting their software - how many lease their cars, pay monthly fees for cell phone, cable and internet access. We can argue all we want about the merits - and the merits are almost all in Adobe's accounting department's favor, but if want to stay current with the latest software that runs on the latest operating systems, and given the fact that Adobe is not giving us any other options for using their software, we really don't have much choice. Yeah, you can make a principled stand against it but it won't help you in the end. Just another monthly fee among many others, most of which are more than Adobe's.