Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Suggestion for affordable 4x5 camera and film for hand-held aerial photography

Re: Suggestion for affordable 4x5 camera and film for hand-held aerial photography

If I were determined to shoot 4x5 in flight, I would also consider a Fotoman or Chamonix Saber with a few Grafmatics ( plus 2x 10 shot Kinematics in my case ). This might even be a good candidate:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fotoman-45sp...item4634986cfb

Bust seriously though, I get really nice 20" prints out of TMY2 negs in my Hasselblad and really nail it up there with 4-6 backs loaded up...

Attachment 129365

Re: Suggestion for affordable 4x5 camera and film for hand-held aerial photography

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome25 View Post
    If I were determined to shoot 4x5 in flight, I would also consider a Fotoman or Chamonix Saber with a few Grafmatics ( plus 2x 10 shot Kinematics in my case ). This might even be a good candidate:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fotoman-45sp...item4634986cfb

Bust seriously though, I get really nice 20" prints out of TMY2 negs in my Hasselblad and really nail it up there with 4-6 backs loaded up...

Attachment 129365
    Love that shot, Kodachrome25. Where was that taken? ...I did a similar shot over Dinali showing McKinley. Speaking of cameras -- funny I was just looking at that Fotoman! Not only am i learning about cameras and Graphmatics -- now I hear of Kinematics (what a great name!). Many thanks.

I just loaded-up with HP5+ and got a refresher in loading Fidelity Elites from an old friend who is a veteran photographer and lab tech par exelance! I am thrilled like a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by pchaplo View Post
    Love that shot, Kodachrome25. Where was that taken? ...I did a similar shot over Dinali showing McKinley. Speaking of cameras -- funny I was just looking at that Fotoman! Not only am i learning about cameras and Graphmatics -- now I hear of Kinematics (what a great name!). Many thanks.

I just loaded-up with HP5+ and got a refresher in loading Fidelity Elites from an old friend who is a veteran photographer and lab tech par exelance! I am thrilled like a kid!
    It was taken near where I live in the Colorado Rockies. I have two each of Grafmatics and Kinematics, I have yet to fully trust them yet as they seem to reeeeaaaallly stir up a lot of dust.

I looked at completed auctions on Fotoman cameras and other than the cracked GG, I have to say it looks perfect for aerials considering where the trigger is at and those nice love handles. Having the lens be Copal zero is key here too, 1/500th and all...

If a "standard" focal length lens is enough for you, take a look at the modified Polaroid cameras. Like those from Alpenhause.
    I've owned(and sold) two, and might purchase another sometime in the future. Steve is a nice guy, and does a classy job of making a nice conversion.

I've also seen some homemade "box" cameras that could work in this situation(fixed focus, no movements).

-Dan