Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Photos Made At Close Distance

Re: Post Your Photos Made At Close Distance

Quote Originally Posted by Iga View Post
    Magnolia Macrofilla Leaf
    Great!

Shades 45 degree High Contrast Pol Test 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is a quick test of my new Sinar Norma Copy Stand. Plaubel Makiflex Automatic 9x9cm SLR with hacked Fuji GX680 180mm F3.2. 6x6cm Plaubel Makina film 120 back #4. High contrast polarized lighting. Two Broncolor Impact 21 200 watt second strobes, with polarizing gels adjusted fully. 103mm Sinar Norma glass polarizing disc under the lens, also fully adjusted. Strobes balanced with Broncolor FM2 Strobe Meter, balanced to F/32 1/2 both sides illuminating. The GX680 lens is one of my sharpest for sure. FOMA 200 B&W 120 film exposed at EI 100. Developed in ADOX BORAX MQ straight replenished D76 type. This exposure was one pop at F8. Also made exposures at F11 and F5.6, but this is the ONE. 8x8 inch print on 8x10 Aristo #2 RC developed in Multigrade developer. This setup is good for photographing anything where you want this type of contrasty polarized lighting with 45 degree shadows.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Amaryllis
    Linhof IV 150 Apo Lanthar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amaryllis 45 2-2023.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	238163

Paper News

Fomapan 400, 4x5", Adox FX-39 II developer, Sinar Norma 4x5"

Carl Zeiss S-Planar 5.6/120mm @f/16

Schneider Symmar 150mm f/5.6 @f/5.6
    Linhof Super Technika V
    Handheld and focused by the rangefinder
    Fomapan 400, 9x12cm, Amaloco 74 developer.

Post Your Photos Made At Close Distance

Nice job free holding your Linhof, Arri. Haven’t seen anyone do this and post pictures here. Pretty cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Dilettante! Who you calling a Dilettante?

Agree

We need to see more LF handheld
    Tin Can

Pecoflex Adapter Auto Maki 270 Tele Xenar Maki Cable Release by Nokton48, on Flickr

Pecoflex Adapter on Maikiflex Automatic Body, Makiflex Cable Release restored and now functional, a smooth releasing cable mechanism. Shown with 270mm Schneider Tele-Xenar, a short telephoto design perfect for 6.5x9cm with small movements. This was not an expensive lens and I am looking forward to using it more on the Plaubels. I used Military Grade Electrical Tape to strengthen the base of the cable. Most I have seen on the Internet are similarly damaged and repaired!

6x9cm Linhof Rollex 120 Wind Knob Backs CLAed by Nokton48, on Flickr

Camtronics just finished overhauling these two matching 6x9cm Linhof Rollex 120 Film Backs. They go onto Graphic Cameras, so the Makiflex Graphic Adapter goes onto my Makiflexes. What I like about these backs, is that the mechanisms are a pretty good match in function and feel, to the controls on the Makiflexes. So they are a great choice for these, one now loaded with Eastman 5222 Motion Picture Film, and the other with some Maco UP100. Ran multiple dummy rolls through these yesterday, both are super smooth and ready to go. And I dropped off two more matching units to them yesterday BTW I recovered these backs with rubber sheeting, intended for the Rollei SL66 Anniversary model, a friend picked it up from the Rollei Factory in Germany. Notice also how I redid the light trapping on the Makiflex Adapter, it was rotten. Recovered with the right thickness of adhesive sheet foam. So now lightproof, no leaks.

― Mark Twain

500mm Oberkochen 500ELM CFV16 EI 200 EV 14.5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is the first test of the 500mm F8 Oberkochen Opton Hasselblad lens. EL/M Body with Olde Hasselblad CDS Meter Prism indicated EV14.5. Set that on the lens, this is the result. Hasselblad CFV16 Digital Back set to Ei 200, camera/lens mounted on a Plaubel Peco 2 Way Head, attached to sturdy Manfrotto legs. The pretty new Magnolia tree is our yard was blowing visibly, the 500mm shutter seems to have frozen it, there was a lot of leaf movment in the breeze. It is fun to play with the new digital back and I am loving the saturated colors I'm getting. Hasselblad says it's the fat pixels, but also how much space is around each pixel. Anyways I'm loving the color right out of the camera. Shooting distance was 28 feet, the absolute minimum focus distance on the lens. So I will add extension tubes if needed.

OPTON Oberkochen f=500mm 1:8 by Nokton48, on Flickr

All this for $250. How could I say no?? Plus the original tan case all good shape

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Agree

We need to see more LF handheld
    Your are so right, were are the photos of the Sinar Handy cams, f.ex.? I see only pic. of the camera but no images taken with it. A lot of Graflex rangefinder cameras are in use as well, Super Technikas and some more.

Now I`am repairing another S-Technika V and it has a cam for a 135mm lens. I´am planning to use it with the post war Xenar 3.5/135mm.
    We will see when it is ready.