Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adolph Rapp Studio Portraitist a.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	129001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img314a.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	129002Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img318 211 E Main st a.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	129003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RnA Rapp Portrait 1898 a.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	1290041870-1920 Camera Lens combination??
I am a volunteer at the South Central Kentucky Culture center in Glasgow, Ky.
In out efforts to prepare an exhibition of glass plate negatives recently recieved, I was hoping someone might share some knowledge. They were the work of Adolph Rapp. A german immigrant who lived in Glasgow from about 1870-1921. The four photgraphs are courtesy of the Culture Center.
The later studio portrait is not one of the glass negatves. It is a popular image of him in the studio with his camera.
The gentleman is Adolph himself and the other is of family members. They are both appx. 5x8 inches on glass plates. They appear to be commercialy manufactured plates.
My question is:
In particular the family image, what size lens could have enough coverage in such a short space? Also, what camera could be used outdoors with the same lens?
I'm sure there can be multiple choices, I don't want to state "This was his camera" but rather show what was in use during the late 1800's to the early twenties.
We are hoping to have the exhibition in late April. Thanks for any assistance you can share.
PS: The last photograph shows the building where he had his "North Light" studio and a the photgraph he took of my Great-grandparents. Very special to me, to have not only an original but to know who and where it was taken. They migrated to Indiana in the Fall of 1898.
Wm.