Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

Re: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I'd contact MAC Group again; they are a good resource for almost everything Toyo.
    When I found out about the differences between the 810M and 810MII, I was put in touch, indirectly, with the designer at Sakai (Toyo) in Japan.
    The head of parts/repair at MAC acted as a liaison while I figured out what I could do to get my M to act like an MII.
    So they can put you in touch with the right people, and I suspect you'll need a Japanese/English translator.
    Good luck!
    Great

通过我的 VIE-AL10 上的 Tapatalk发言
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Still Developing

Thought you all might like a photo I took with the 810MII and a 800mm lens (Nikkor T)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timpar...posted-public/

One of the first comments shows the fun I had keeping it totally stable (overkill but it worked!).

Also here is a photo taken using the 110XL. I had to crop a little bit off the bottom of the image as the bed was in the photo despite tilting the back and front (drop bed) as far as they would go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timpar...posted-public/

Tim
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

Impressive work, Tim; I got a chuckle reading about your set-up on the first shot. Where's Wally, indeed.
    I'm still without an 8x10, and do miss the 810M for many reasons, but I'm sure that lugging it around as much as I did caused a slipped disc or something.
    So I'm looking for a lighter camera now, knowing that no other field camera will equal the 810M for stability.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I Took the MII out this afternoon to test the optics on the 760mm Apo-Nikkor lens that I had just acquired. I installed the Toyo long bellows (1200mm) but the camera lacked sufficient extension to bring the lens into focus. I reversed the front standard (a feature on the MII) which provided the extension necessary to bring the lens into focus with a little room to spare. The front standard on the MII allows a bellows to be attached to either side so it would seem to me that one could attach a second bellows, say the 700mm standard bellows, for an overall 1900mm extension. Of course you would need another front standard attached to a tripod for the lens and this poses a problem. In my case I could use the front standard from my Toyo 4x5 Robos which would have to be mounted on the front tripod on a rail but it seems doable.

There is a 1200mm Nikkor T-Ed lens with 1 310mm IC that will work with the 1200mm long bellows but I'm afraid that the extension wouldn't be sufficient without a second tripod and standard. Thus the 760mm (or possibly 800mm T-Ed) is the longest lens you can use with the MII without resorting to a 2d front standard and tripod.

Thomas

Nice, Thomas.
    I don't know how much the 1200mm Nikkor weighs, but I've used several larger lenses in Copal 3 shutters at maximum extension, and the Toyo was still rock-solid.
    This camera never ceases to amaze me.

Just a reminder to those who have the 810M, and not the 810M II: you can convert your I to a II by following the instructions starting on page 1.
    The you'll have an 810M that is capable of reversing its front standard and obtaining these very long extensions, and for less $$$ than had you bought an MII.
    Longer bellows - with frames - can be had for a reasonable price from Rudy at ecbuyonline2008 (on eBay).

Hi,

I just discovered this LF forum. Great ! I live in Germany, Dortmund. A few days ago, I bought an TOYO 810 M but the bellows are with a lot of pinhols.

Question: Can I exchange the old bellows with new ones mentioned in the thread above (ecbuyonline2008). I'm able to use a srewdriver but I never had done this kind of operation. Can you give me some suggestions how to do this. Does I need to glue anything or fit the bellow in the frame with no problems ?

Thank you.

Welcome !

I too have a 810M, which bellows were shot, a common problem with older (?) Toyo cameras. I got my new bellows from Custom Bellows in the UK. I had to send the old bellows with the standards, and they fixed the new bellows to the standards/frames of the old bellows. I did have a light leaking problem , the back frame did not fit exactely, it was very hard to see, but it did fog my film there. Not sure when the warping happened. So if you have the new bellows, check their seating very carefully.

Do not know if ecbuyonline provides the same service, send them a mail ?

good luck,

Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    ...Do not know if ecbuyonline provides the same service, send them a mail ?...
    I had Ecbuyonline do a red bellows for my Toyo 810M. For an additional $30.00, they mounted the bellows to a set of frames I sent them. They did not have frames available at that time. They came out great.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

When I ordered new bellows from ecbuyonline, I asked for, and received, new frames already mounted to the bellows.
    The frames cost extra, of course, but it saved me from having to ship my existing frames to Hong Kong.
    They fit great, no light leaks.
    Send Rudy an email and ask if he has any frames available.
    Good luck!

Thank you for your fast and honest reply on my request. I will update the "bellow story" when everything is mounted ... (hope so !)