Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

Thumbs up Re: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

Quote Originally Posted by peterle View Post
    Thank you for your fast and honest reply on my request. I will update the "bellow story" when everything is mounted ... (hope so !)
    I got the new bellows from ecbuyonline2008 on ebay. Fast shipping (14 days) to germany December, 28. Simple way to mount rear standard to the new bellows, front standard is a little bit tricky... The new bellows are a little bit thicker than the original material, so the screws are not long enough. I exchanged the screws in longer ones to fit frame and thickness of the bellows material. I put on a little bit to much glue for the front frame - but this issue was not really important.

Conclusion: Very sturdy bellows - much better then the original ones. No problem to fold the camera. No light leaks. Time to assemble all together: 4 hours because of "difficult" mounting operation of the front frame (see above).

Thank you for all previous information in this thread - without your input I wouldn't have been able to finish the operation successfully !! Happy New year 2019.

Regards

Peter

Re: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

Glad to hear it, Peter; that's why we create these kinds of threads, to help others.
    Very happy it worked out well, and that Rudy is still doing solid work.

Does a reducing back to whole plate exist for the M810?

Doubtful, I've only seen the 4x5 reducing back.
    But it wouldn't be hard to make your own, if you have the 4x5 reducing back, a WP back, and an angle grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    My 810M (Tan) needs a new bellows, I am familiar with the sources available. Does anyone know if the Toyo MII replacement mounts properly on the earlier M?
    I contacted Toyo however they are only partially functional due to the corvid situation. I was told the parts are discontinued and not available and won't fit the M. The person that usually works that department was out and someone else was working emails.
    Another question, most of the posts about bellows replacement describe frames that are two piece's that are screwed together. Mine are solid metal and the bellows glued in place, is that a difference between the M and MII ? Will the the multi piece frame fit the M?
    Thanks.
    From what I remember, the guys at MAC Group said that the 810M and MII were the same camera. The knobs were different color, and the front standard could be reversed on the MII for a few extra inches of extension.
    I doubt that the tan version is any different from the black M (not MII) camera.
    If you contact Rudi (ecbuyonline2008) for bellows, ask him if he has frames for sale.
    I got mine that way - bellows and frames installed, so switching the bellows was easy and took a minute. The frames were two-piece, fastened with screws or rivets (don't remember).
    If yours are different (one solid piece), you can always send your own frames in to Rudy, and he'll send back a finished bellows with frames attached and ready.

The bellows and frames are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    Thanks Ari, I'm familiar with Rudys work, would not mind a few extra inches like your camera. I checked on the global shipping situation (corvid) and long delays with no guarantees from that part of the world. Custom Bellows may be quicker with faster, safer shipping options.
    I know of a NOS MII bellows available but I am worried about it fitting my M.

Hello, I ve read this thread with great interest. I want to order a bellows from ecbuyonline. Your example, Ari, shows a custom made bellows with 850mm. Now I have read another review on this forum, with seemingly the same 810M from Ari, but that guy says, it is a 950mm bellows. (see thread here: https://www.largeformatphotography.i...JMC-MasterView )

Any thoughts about the difference? If I want this longer bellows, what do I tell ecbuyonline to build for me?

Thanks, Jorma.

Hi Jorma,
    This is going back a few years, excuse me if I don't remember all the pertinent details.
    I think Luka, who did the camera comparisons, may have reversed the extension specs for the Canham and Toyo.
    So the Toyo racks out to 850mm and the Canham goes to ~950mm.
    Also, I ordered the Toyo bellows from ecbuyonline and asked them to be 850mm long. You can see in the photo that there's still a tiny bit of sag, so I think I'd order 800mm if I had to do it again.
    I think the Toyo can actually stretch out to 900mm, but that's with the catch pin removed, and perhaps it's less stable that way.
    I hope that helps!

Hey Ari
    Thank you very much for your helpful answer. I was a little ahead, will get my 810M in a few days and will check. But good point with the sag, I might have to think about that.
    Best, Jorma.

My pleasure, Jorma.
    The sag was also my own fault. I was worried that the bellows, at 850mm, might not compress, so I asked for extra-thin material.
    Turns out I had nothing to worry about, the bellows and camera closed easily, so the sag came from having too much bellows made from thinner material.
    Now you know what to order.