Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

Re: Toyo 810M Resource/Fan Page

bovril, I would highly recommend you contact Keith at Custom Bellows U.k. He produced new bellows for my Toyo 810 and Century Universal at the same time, the are both lovely.

1. I want to stress again that the only differences between M and MII cameras is the style of knobs, and the MII has that part which allows the front standard to be rotated 180˚ for extra extension.
    All other parts are interchangeable, including bellows.
    I would seriously consider buying replacement bellows from one of the better Chinese sellers on eBay. Quality is good, and they take responsibility if something is wrong with their manufacturing.
    I used to buy from ecbuyonline2008, but there are a couple others with excellent seller ratings.

2. Call Toyo in NY and see if they have a European distributor.

3. Not sure what you're referring to here. A picture would really help.

Glad you found this page useful. I haven't owned the 810M in 4-5 years, at least, but it's a great camera, and obviously, still popular.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsydog View Post
    bovril, I would highly recommend you contact Keith at Custom Bellows U.k. He produced new bellows for my Toyo 810 and Century Universal at the same time, the are both lovely.
    Excellent EU-based solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Excellent EU-based solution!
    You forgot Brexit!

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    You forgot Brexit!

Kumar
    I didn't, but I meant they're physically close, even if they're philosophically divergent!
    EU taxes must be paid either way, but a UK supplier will handle repairs or returns more easily.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huangjie View Post
    Why does this (TOYO 8×10 MⅡ) knob have no locking effect. Whether locked or released, the front standard can be bent forward?
    Attachment 222430
    huangjie, There is an identical knob on the opposite side of the standard. To lock the standard in place after a tilt,both knobs must be engaged - at least that is the way it is on mine. The standard will tilt forward but to tilt back you must engage the both levers above the knobs to tilt back. Release the levels and the standard will stop at the detente when brought forward again. If the knobs on your camera do not lock the standard then the locking mechanism needs to be repaired.

My camera was purchased new around 2002 (I bought it 2d hand around 2012) and there has been no noticeable wear on the red mark.

Thomas

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bourvil View Post
    As a new owner of 810MII which has some imperfections and needs some attention I carefully read through the forum and especially this thread to get some very useful information, so firstly I thank you all contributors for your effort!

And then I have some question:

1.The Toyo has typical problem with deteriorated bellows and these must be replaced. I tried to search and there seems to be a difference between the bellows for 810M and 810MII - is that possible? I found one on the E-tone website but they say it is not for the second generation. From the picture it seems the replacement bellows offered (for 810M only apparently) have a lower number of folds. Could this be because MII has a reversible front standard? I would like to keep the ability to use the whole extension of MII.
    bourvil - The Toyo bellows suffer from pin holes in the corners from improper folding which is extremely time consuming if not altogether impossible when folding the camera up. I bought a new OEM bellows from B&H and fortuitously hit upon the method I outlined my post #81 above. That solved the problem of the recurring pinholes.

I think the bellows for the 810G, M, and MII are the same. I got the G and can get the full extension the MII can deliver. As far as I am aware the only "different" Toyo bellows are for the Robos and GX which uses a wider regular bellows which allows for the extreme movements that those cameras can deliver.

Thomas

For bellows replacement, Custom Bellows in the UK are a great resource. They're made 3 bellows for me..top notch product and great customer service.

2. Is there a way to get replacement parts in Europe? I would replace the round cover of one knob. And one securing clamp for the focusing rod is broken and needs to be replaced - this apparently involves the replacement of the whole upper half of a sliding casing of a focusing rod.

Hi,
    you can ask here...
    http://www.plaubel.com/

Thanks all for the input! I tried to ask Custom Bellows so I will see if and how it would go... other possibility is to ask ecbuyonline2008 which seem to be still operating so there is a plan B :-)

Regarding the spare metal parts I am going to ask Toyo NY, hope it will be possible to send them here into Czech republic....

And finally to clarify my third question: Upon further inspection I realised that the grounglass is not the original one. It is very bright and when disassembled it has three layers: farthest trom me when attached to a camera is a piece of clear glass, then there is apparently plastic fresnel ground glass. It is matte on the side from me with concentric rings and on the other (my) side, there are lines and crosshair in the middle. These lines are protruding, so that is the reason that a third layer is present. To cover the protrusion, there is a clear plastic foil, so the surface adjacent to me is covered allowing the use of loupe etc. The whole composition seems to me somehow DIY and I am not sure if there are no problems with focusing levels between ground glass and the position of a film in a holder. Another combination of ground glass and fresnel lens I know is a two layer with glass on back with matte side inwards and fresnel lens right on it with concentric rings adjacent to a matte surface of a glass. This plastic ground glas seems to combine both functions into one layer but it is covered with glass on one side and with foil on the second side to prevent damage and maybe a slight bending? Do you have an experience with anything like that? Is that the Yenkee (or other brand) plastic ground glass and if so it is supposed to be used like this or should be aligned differently?

With kind regards and thanks for all replies

Michal