Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide angle lens for Durst 138

Re: Wide angle lens for Durst 138

Sigh, I messed up..

Thanks a lot guys to all these very informative posts. We finally got the 80mm Componon working, we found another lens board which fits perfectly, I imagine this is what you call a "recessed board" because it is slightly "deepend"... we have to pull the focus all the way up, very close towards the condensers. There is the focus. But we think anyway, the 250 Watts bulb is a bit strong, next week we will try the 150Watts one. Also there are some bits and pieces that came along with the Laborator and we cannot find any explanation, what they are and how they work. So we will post a few photos to show them to you. Cheers, Paola & Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Welcome to the Durst 138 Club. I think Luis deserves a medal for helping out so many people, myself included.

I'm also trying to put together a medium format solution on the Durst 138. What do people think about the 75mm Componar enlarger lenses for 6x6? They're readily available at cheap prices so I bought one and am waiting for it.
    For a fixed triple turret, I think that the best arrangement lenses are 105mm for all medium format (on regular Lapla, no need of recessed) a 150 for 4x5 and a 210 for 5x7. I think you have enought height from the column and from moving down the baseboard for all enlargement sizes from the 105mm, El-Nikkor, Componon or Rodagon high quality.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

The Apo Rodagon N 90mm also works on a Lapla board on my 138S
    Tom Keymeulen

Drew Wiley

If you use too short a focal length lens, you'll need a recessed lensboard. There's no reason do this on a 138 because it has such a long column that reasonably
    big enlargements should be no issue. After all, you're limited by the size of the baseboard itself and its spacing from the column, unless you choose to project
    the image horizontally, which is of course possible with a 138 if your lamps will handle that burn position. I generally use a 105 Apo-Rodagon N for medium format.
    That's about as short a focal length I like to go, because I do often print 6x9, and don't want to overly compress the bellows.

Wide angle lens for Durst 138

I'd rather not have to stoop too low when working with the enlarger, my aging back and all.

I'm sure the 105 Apo Rodagon N is a great lens, it should be for $250-400. I picked up a Componon 80mm f/4 for $77.

I have a 100mm enlarging Ektar that I'll have to try out.