Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HP Marketing Corp. will be part of MAC Group starting Feb 1, 2015

HP Marketing Corp. will be part of MAC Group starting Feb 1, 2015

HP Marketing Corp. has been a leader in the importation and wholesale marketing of fine photographic equipment For over 43 years! During all of those years HP Marketing Corp. has relied on the loyalty and support of their Reps their dealers and their consumer customers. Now, Gepe Holding, the owner of HP Marketing Corp. has agreed to sell HP Marketing Corp. to the MAC Group.

Effective Jan. 15, 2015 OmegaBrandess will take over the distribution of the following HP Marketing Corp. product lines:

Ansmann, Berlebach, Boblbee, Braun, BRNO, GepePro, Giottos, Linhof, Rodenstock, Tetenal, Vue-All and Wista.

After January 15th please direct all questions regarding any of these product lines to OmegaBrandess at customerservice@omegabrandess.com.

Please do give them a while to get acquainted with these product lines. Thank you for your past support.

As of Feb. 1, 2015 the MAC Group will take over the distribution of Gepe, Heliopan, Kaiser and Novoflex from HP Marketing Corp. and will then become the new owner of HP Marketing Corp.

Re: HP Marketing Corp. now part of MAC Group

Bob! Are you retiring or going to OmegaBrandess / MAC Group with the product lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Bob! Are you retiring or going to OmegaBrandess / MAC Group with the product lines?
    Once we close I will see what I want to do. At 73, actually only 2 months to the day from 74 there is not a large job market out there.

On the other hand we are getting tired of snow and cold, my wife is from Miami Beach, my kids are in Atlanta and St. Pete and maybe we move back south and I can concentrate on my fishing again!

Time will tell.

Should point out though that the heading is not quite right. MAC Group owns us in two weeks, not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    ...At 73, actually only 2 months to the day from 74 there is not a large job market out there...
    Even if you were 20 years younger there wouldn't be much of a market today.

...On the other hand we are getting tired of snow and cold, my wife is from Miami Beach, my kids are in Atlanta and St. Pete and maybe we move back south and I can concentrate on my fishing again!...
    I'm a dozen years your junior and was (willingly) laid off into retirement almost four years ago. Unless you're one of those people who defines themselves by their job, go for the fishing. I heartily recommend leaving hassles behind.

Once we close I will see what I want to do. At 73, actually only 2 months to the day from 74 there is not a large job market out there.
    Bob, you have worked for close to sixty years. Enjoy retirement. I certainly do... and yes, it would be better to be in Florida.

Should point out though that the heading is not quite right. MAC Group owns us in two weeks, not yet.
    Title changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Title changed.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Bob, you have worked for close to sixty years. Enjoy retirement. I certainly do... and yes, it would be better to be in Florida.
    Seems a lot longer then that. But I guess you are right. I started selling cameras at retail when I was 16!

Drew Wiley

Re: HP Marketing Corp. will be part of MAC Group starting Feb 1, 2015

Gosh, Bob, you're expertise will be missed. But I guess you're already aware how buyouts tend to go these days. They'll want some kid to replace you, who can't
    even tie his own shoelaces yet, and will be happy with 75 cents an hour for pay. My routine joke about corporate positions these days is that they always give the
    applicant a literacy test first : if they can spell the word "benefits", the application is immediately thrown in the trashcan.

Dave Karp

Re: HP Marketing Corp. will be part of MAC Group starting Feb 1, 2015

Bob, don't retire from us!